2 days post hysterectomy: Too good to be true? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2 days post hysterectomy: Too good to be true? 2 days post hysterectomy: Too good to be true?

Unread 07-17-2014, 09:20 AM
2 days post hysterectomy: Too good to be true?

in town...today is my first day home after a Vag hysterectomy, I have 1 happy ovary left. The first night my pain was unbearable and the morphine pump became my friend, however I'm home now and have very minimal pain. My hubby has me on a strict pain RX regimen per the dr. Other than going potty like CRAZY, I feel rather good.... That's why I'm so nervous?? That's not my kinda luck... What should I expect for these next few days in all reality? ��
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-17-2014, 09:45 AM
Re: Too good to be true?

It is good that you are healing well, but just don't push yourself, or you could hurt more in the future! I was nervous that I felt pretty good once I was home and pushed myself and ended up being exhausted and being in pain, just take it easy.

Is it normal to have a morphine pump? My hospital doesn't do them anymore and I had a TAH (cut above and below the belly button) and I had to ask for my pain meds every single time, made me feel like a junkie or something.
Unread 07-17-2014, 09:56 AM

I'm sorry to hear they didn't offer u one. Yes, it's normal from what I'm told... I was asking for meds often too, but the demoral etc, was just a tease..I was literally in tears before the pump, nothing was working! And you are so right, I was feeling soo good earlier-and BAM! Overdo- sat up too fast, now I'm 3 steps backwards! The posts weren't kidding about slow, slow, going!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-17-2014, 10:11 AM

Flowerpower74- I, too, have done amazing and I kept waiting on the shoe to fall. I had a TVH with anterior and posterior repair and bladder sling on the 30th of June. I came home 28 hours later, ditched the drugs the next day and haven't looked back. I actually went to church the next Sunday. I have taken it easy and have had wonderful support of my husband. I still tire more easily than usual and still spotting just a little. I also do not have much sense of bladder fullness, so I just go every few hours. The doctor said that would come with time. I still leak a little urine if I sneeze, but nothing too major. I was prepared for a much rougher ride. I honestly feel so bad when I read most of these posts and see people are still in pain weeks out. The doctor did call me amazing and even said it boggled him how the exact same surgery leaves most people wanting to bless him out and there I sat smiling. I do have a fairly high threshold of pain...but I just haven't had much pain. I would say even right after surgery it was never above a 4 or 5 level. I feel blessed...have I already said that??? Well, I do!
Unread 07-17-2014, 10:32 AM

I had my uterus, ovary, and fallopian tube removed robotically. Every doctor and every person is different. Except for initial pain meds when I woke up from surgery, I only took 1 dose of motrin later in the day and that was only because I took a walk and didn't want to be in pain after hospital meds wore off. I was lucky. I didn't overdue it. I only took long walks as far as exercise. I did't go back to the gym until 2 months post-surgery, this week, after my doctor cleared me to resume normal activity. If it seems too good to be true it might be that you are fortunate. I know I am. Be careful about reading on side effects. I did not have one of them except tiredness and that's probably because I went back to my teaching job in 2.5 weeks (knowing I had the summer) and I can't sit still. Force yourself to rest. We feel great but we are still healing inside. Fatigue WILL linger. (in factI'm laying down now at 12:30 PM because I have a long drive to and from a concert tonite). So rest is crucial. Good luck! (don't do too much of this)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register