One week post hysterectomy (7/28) - wondering if anyone had trouble behaving due to feeling fine | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

One week post hysterectomy (7/28) - wondering if anyone had trouble behaving due to feeling fine One week post hysterectomy (7/28) - wondering if anyone had trouble behaving due to feeling fine

Unread 08-03-2016, 12:42 AM
One week post hysterectomy (7/28) - wondering if anyone had trouble behaving due to feeling fine

Hi there,
I'm nearly 1 week post total laparoscopic hysterectomy and I have no pain at all, not even straight after surgery. I wondered if anything had actually been done. With a 6 week strict recovery I'm wondering if anyone else felt this way, and had trouble behaving due to feeling fine.
I absolutely have to stick to the 6 weeks off work, as my doctor is also the doctor I am the main scrub nurse for, so he will know if I break his rule.
Part of me wonders if my lack of pain is due to having a great understanding of exactly what happens to the body during a hysterectomy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-03-2016, 05:54 AM
Re: One week post hysterectomy - wondering if anyone had trouble behaving due to feeling fine

The pain is real; understanding surgery doesn't make it go away. I've seen nurses ask the same questions about recovery that those of us non-medical types ask, even though it seems they'd have understanding.

I think you just might be one of the lucky ones, combined with laparo surgery which is less invasive. I've read a few accounts of women who had little to no pain, and fewer still who were ready to go after a week. Count your blessings!

Glad you're aware that you can overdo it when you start to feel better. Seems like most of the setbacks occur in weeks 3-4 as we hit another stage in healing.
Rest well!
Unread 08-03-2016, 06:22 AM
Re: One week post hysterectomy - wondering if anyone had trouble behaving due to feeling fine

I also had no pain during my recovery, never had any narcotics at all after surgery, and didn't take anything at all for pain at home. I went back to work at 3 weeks, my dr approved of that, but my job isn't strenuous. Also, if you have the normal lifting, swimming/bathing and sex restrictions, that still leaves you with a lot you can do. I shopped, went out with friends, walked a lot, visited my cousin at the lake, cooked, light cleaned, did laundry etc to keep boredom away.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-03-2016, 08:30 AM

Yes, I am now three weeks post op and my DH had to give me a talking to because I plunged a toilet the other day while he was at work. I should have called my teenager down to take care of it. Oops. Sometimes we're joking around about it, but he honestly is worried that I'm going to damage my internal stitches (vaginal cuff) and delay healing. It's hard when I feel so much better.
Unread 08-03-2016, 10:47 AM
One week post hysterectomy (7/28) - wondering if anyone had trouble behaving due to feeling fine

I'm so glad that there are others out there who are feeling the same way!!
Unread 08-03-2016, 12:11 PM

Hi, Everyone feels pain differently & factor in work that was performed. Despite not feeling pain, its important to not over do it. Walking, stay well hydrated. Find things to keep you busy & out of trouble.

I didnt take narcotics post op. Possibly I handled any pain well post op bc for a long time Ive dealt w uterine fibroid pressing on everything.
Unread 08-04-2016, 10:00 AM

I had the daVinci hyst on Monday. Yesterday I was feeling so good that I did many things I should not have and woke up very sore this morning. I sweeped the garage out, cleaned toilets, emptied the dishwasher, walked all over the yard, and some laundry. I even carried a rock out to my pool as a decoration.
Needless to say I took a pain pill when I woke up today and I am going to really try and take it easy today. It's hard though, when you feel so good.
Unread 08-04-2016, 10:56 AM

I definitely ended up over-doing it because I felt great at first. Be careful is all I can say. I was running errands all over the place in week 2 and going everywhere... I couldn't help myself. I get so bored sitting around! Well week 3 is when the aches and pains reared its ugly head. I have been spotting lightly and swelly bellied for a few days now, which I didn't really have before. I cut back on a lot of things and am taking it easy now, I want this to heal right.
Unread 08-04-2016, 12:23 PM

Its so easy to over do it & when we feel good, we tend to get that burst of energy & try to accomplish so much.. Just know that during recovery, its like a roller coaster w highs & lows & can easily get blind sided!

I over did it between week 2-3 & I ended up with a set back. It kicked me back to week 1! It took a week to pull out of it w more swelling, extreme fatigue, aches & pains. I was w my heating pad or ice packs full time.. So be cautious, follow your Drs restrictions & hear the sisters when they tell you from experience, otherwise you can end up walking in their shoes. Heal well Sisters.🌼
Unread 08-04-2016, 01:30 PM

I'm two weeks post op today, and bored out of my skull! I did have pain the first week, but have felt good since then. I had RTVH on the 21st, with about 2.5 hours of adhesion removal. I did overdo it late last week, and started spotting. So forcing myself to rest. I work at a school with 5 years olds, and we go back in 11 days! I'm really hoping I'm healed well enough by then. We are very active during the day. I will have to wheel my desk chair around...lol! What are the rest of you doing to keep busy? We don't have Netflix or anything. I tried coloring, but I can't do it for too long due to neck problems. Any ideas? I know I have it way easier than some, but it's almost harder when you don't feel ill. wish I could be doing this!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register