pity party - anyone want to join in! - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

pity party - anyone want to join in! pity party - anyone want to join in!

Unread 07-30-2006, 08:09 PM
pity party - anyone want to join in!

Whoo Hoo...... sounds like a great trip. My first trip to Walmart- my d/h sent my dd with me everywhere including the bathroom when I needed to use it. I was very cautious about my incision and its protection.... I swear I needed one of those signals like on the trucks that beep when backing up. I do not leave my house without my handy pillow to sit on while driving or riding along. This week was my first back to church and I even brought my pillow to use on those hard pews... I looked quite fashionable with my red polka dotted pillow.

Just glad you had fun and rest now!

Marti
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-30-2006, 08:30 PM

mmr,
I know this time has way ups and way downs, just enjoy the peace you can get by heading to bed early, and enjoy being pampered. I went to target for my first outing and thought it was as close to heaven as i'd been in eons! It gets better daily honest. Pity on make others feel so bad they come and tell you funny stories have your DS sit on the bed and play silly card games. Sounds strange but enjoy the time to be pampered too
Unread 07-30-2006, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoniOhio
I've come to join the pity party.

I've been wearing my brave face since my day of surgery - but I am tired of:

-the nerve pain in my abdomen and right leg
-swelly belly
-internal pain (feels like golf balls are inside me - painful golf balls!)
-being tired all of the time
-hot flashes (1-2/day)
-night sweats (1/night)
-feeling dizzy (almost all of the time)
-headaches (almost all of the time)
-migraines (every other day)
-feeling like my legs weigh more than my entire body
-itchy all over

I got my pathology report back (which was good/bad news): Good news - no caner. Bad news: 2 fibroids, 10 cysts, plus unidentified masses (good grief!)

I thought with all of that junk outta me - that I'd feel better, but I don't. It's going on 3 weeks and it seems as if I'll never feel better.

Thanks for letting me vent.
Oh Noni,
!! My goes out to you. It will get better. That incision is probably still so tender and your body has been through a revolution!!!

Swelly belly is just awful! It is really evil all the stuff each of us has had to endure to even get to the castle, much less the total upheaval afterwards!!!

I empathize with the headache/migraine problems. They are the worse. Do you have any rescue meds for the migraines? What has the doc said about them and your other symptoms?

Have you been out of the house at all? I can not even believe how much it helped to just get away for a little bit today. Maybe with how tender you are - walmart is not such a good choice, but how bout going for some ice cream and eating outside. The fresh air and change of scenery really seemed to help me perk up alot.

I wish I could say something funny to make you smile (laughter is hard on the incision - so I shoot for smile.) or lift your spirits.

This WILL pass. Keep looking to the future. This time next year we will be pain free and enjoying summer with a vengeance. I personally am counting on sweely belly being gone and hopefully about 30 lbs too. (Hey a girl can dream right???) I just know in the long run, this will have been worth it! Hang in there honey. We are all hear for you and you can join my pity party anytime you like.
Unread 07-30-2006, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erichmindy
Hi, This is my first post, so if it's a mess I apaologize. I had a LSH on 7/24/06, tomarrow is 1 week. Today I went stir crazy and begged my dh to take me to the grocery store. What was I thinking?! The only person who ever shops w/me is my dd who is 8. First I had to put on makeup and do my hair for the 1st time in a wk, I was exhausted just from that, but I looked good. Then trying to find something to fit over my bellie. So picture this, me, my dh, my dd(8) and my ds(6) all at the grocery store. They knew we were on a time limit since I become exhausted from just walking in my house. We did make it through the store, however I spent $100 more than usual. When I got home my legs were throbbing. How do you go from running 4 miles 5 ays a week to not being able to make it through a grocery store?. Piece of advise, don't make the grocery store your 1st outing. Start small. The car ride wasn't bad. I know what you mean about feeling couped up. I can't stand not being able to drive!! I have no idea what I'm gonna do this week. Good luck and try not to be sad!!!

Mindy - welcome to the party! You get a gold star for bravery and facing the grocery store with an entourage. I am hoping your legs are feeling better and that you are resting now. I give you credit. At one week (tomorrow is 2 for me), I was in no mood to even try a field trip. However, a few days later the pity party started.

I was soo exhausted before my surgery. I couldn't even fathom working out, so you must really be missing your activity. What's good is that you were probably in great physical shape and that will help you heal faster. Promise me to take it easy on the grocery trips though?

I have been taking short walks a couple times a day outside (usually early in the day or in the evening to beat the heat.) Maybe you & the kids could do this. My DS (5) takes his chaperoning duties very seriously when I walk. He carries the cell phone and tells me to take my time, etc. Kids are so funny sometimes - aren't they?

I hope you continue to feel better.
Unread 07-31-2006, 01:16 AM

mmr - thank you for your reply.

Half of me loved the support. Half of me wanted to shoot down "mrs. sunshine" (but I know that was the lack of hormones talking)

My DH has been great on making me laugh (when he's home from work.) I know it hurts to laugh - but it does help me to feel better.

As for migraines - I'm out of my rescue meds, so I'm now using caffiene.

Did I get out of the house? Yeah - I overdid when I got out, too. Then the weather got HOT! Yesterday's heat index was 110 in the shade. So-I'm parked in my air conditioned house. My lovely walls-are-closing-in-on-me, house.

Seriously - thank you for your reply.
Unread 07-31-2006, 07:52 AM

Hi, I hope you are having a better day ? I am 6 months out and boy do I remember that feeling of misery. I the only thing I had to look forward to was my Drs appointments because that got me out of the godforsaken house in the very begininng. Then the real fun began. I had some complications the second week and I had to have a nurse visit twice a day for about 3 weeks. I was so bored that I new the entire morning and afternoon tv schedule and felt like Dr Phil and I had become real friends. Boy was I on the pity party band wagon. I had a major meltdown right before Valentine's day for no reason at all. My husband realized I needed a change of senery and did a great job getting me out of the house for lunches, movies,etc. and that gave me a whole new lease on life. What you are experiencing is 100% normal. Try and get out as much as you can. As hard as this slup is things will get better...I promise. I hope this helps. Take care! Melanie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register