Don't know what to do????? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Don't know what to do????? Don't know what to do?????

Unread 09-27-2006, 07:13 PM
Don't know what to do?????

Thanks Elfie for getting back to me so quickly and sharing with me how you are feeling. It's good to know how things are going and that there is a light at the end of the tunnel and I will be able to feel better and do things - I know not as quickly as I would like to but at least I know this will end soon.

thanks so much for your help and advice - I really appreciate it.

Allmostnotsure
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-27-2006, 07:41 PM

Hi almostnotsure,

Drink lots of cranberry juice. I have been flushing since I was in the hospital with it...it helps with uti's.

Remember you had major surgery, and everyone heals differently. Re-evaluate close to the time you'd be going and see then if you feel up to it. I'm sure the uti isn't making you feel any better..once antibiotics kick in you'll start feeling better and may end up being able to go.

Take it easy and let you body have time to heal. You had major surgery and will heal for awhile yet.

Hang in there..you have my prayers
hugs
Unread 09-27-2006, 08:38 PM

Oh thanks so much sister Angel- Unfortunately I had to give an answer today which I did end up declining. I felt bad but I just don't feel up to it right now and the worse part is that I would not be close to home should something happen. That makes me nervous.

You are right too that I have to keep reminding me that I did have major, major surgery. It is so hard for me to keep that in mind.

I do appreciate your kindness and help - hope all is going well for you .

Take care

allmostnotsure
Unread 09-28-2006, 05:25 PM

I am suffering a UTI as we speak. UNBEARABLE! I just got over one two weeks ago then BAM another one on Monday. I know for me, I am VERY exhausted at week 6. I believe it is due to the UTI plus my healing from the surgery. All this week, all I have wanted to do is sleep, and that has been what I pretty much did.

I have to say that during my 4th and 5th week of recovery, I was running around like a madwoman due to flooding in our area. I am sure that set me back.

Take care of yourself. UTI's are BAD.
Unread 09-28-2006, 05:41 PM

Oh -Pozyak - I am so sorry for all you have been through. Yes I would certainly think that having flooding issues would certainly be a major part of feeling the way you do. I feel so bad for you to have to go through that and just have surgery. I will pray for you.

Why is it so easy to get UTI's like that. I wasn't prepared for this and to know that you got it twice - Yuck! Wow you would think going through what we did would be enough.

You certainly had your share of things - I truly hope things go well for you now.

Thanks for the input - I appreciate it.
almostnotsure
Unread 09-28-2006, 07:47 PM

Almost, the worst part is that if the UTI's continue, they will have to do a scope on the bladder to see what is going on. I pray that won't happen.

Looks like you and I need to continue to drink lots of fluids....flush the yuck away.
Unread 09-28-2006, 08:00 PM

Pozyak - I am really trying to drink a lot but I feel like it is getting worse - a scope?????? I really don't want that - did you? If so you really have had your share.

I had my husband get me some cranberry juice.

thanks for the in-put - and advice
Unread 09-30-2006, 06:18 AM

almost, I haven't had the scope done yet...and hopefully I won't have to. The doc had to put me on another 2 days of cipro (originally 5 day rx) because the urine came back filled with nitrates.

When I was little I used to get bladder infections all the time. Maybe that was an omen of things to come.

Hope you are feeling better.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register