Wishing Life Away | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Wishing Life Away Wishing Life Away

Unread 06-17-2008, 06:44 AM
Wishing Life Away

My surgery is July 7th. I see new movies advertise on tv around that timeframe and it reminds how close it is to my day. I told my dh that I can't wait for the month of July to be over with. He said I was wishing my life away. But it is true. Can't wait for the beginning of August when I can say "I had surgery a month ago!" The waiting is the worse! I have read that here over and over again. I read everyone's updates knowing someday "soon" mine will be there. Nerves, got to love them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-17-2008, 06:57 AM
Wishing Life Away

Waiting is the hardest part. I can definately relate. My surgery is 1 week from today. I can not wait until next Wednesday, then I can say I have started my recovery. Good luck to you!!
Unread 06-17-2008, 08:20 AM
Wishing Life Away

I completely get it too. My surgery if the 2nd of July...my birthday....and I can hardly wait until it is all over. I keep saying that in x number of days I will be all over this cancer stuff. Like in 3 weeks from tomorrow I will be 1 week post op. I am a little disappointed though that it is on my birthday. It will be something I will never forget. It will always have an anniversary on my birthday....either as the surgery that saved my life, or the one that didn't work. I'm going to be 33, there's something to say for being young and otherwise healthy.

Good luck on your upcoming surgeries ladies. I will be thinking about you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-17-2008, 08:32 AM
Wishing Life Away

Hi, I know how it feels to be nervous. My surgery is in 3 days on Friday the 20th! I'm nervous and excited to get it over with! Hope all goes well for you! Keep in touch!
Unread 06-17-2008, 08:46 AM
Wishing Life Away

Once you get past the waiting, time really flies. I, too, kept thinking that "three weeks from today I'll be one week post-op" etc. And thought that day would never come. Then, all of a sudden you're two months post-op and wonder where the time went!
Unread 06-17-2008, 09:31 AM
Wishing Life Away

That is the normal way to feel. You just naturally hate to wait, it is scary. That is the hardest part. I had my TAH BSO 13 days ago.

Waiting was VERY hard for me too. Stay busy and try and stay calm. Keep reading here. It is so wonderful to have this site.
Unread 06-17-2008, 09:38 AM
Wishing Life Away

waiting and wondering is very hard..but wishing one month would be over isnt wishing your life away. hang in there!
Unread 06-17-2008, 10:29 AM
Wishing Life Away

Ha ha, it's hard not to "wish your life away" when you are on a countdown to surgery!!! ha ha ha

Keeping you in prayer.

Blessings,

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register