insomnia anyone? - Page 6 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

insomnia anyone? insomnia anyone?

Unread 10-14-2012, 07:13 PM
Re: insomnia anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by downandout View Post
Wow, I feel so very much awake and its 3 a.m. !
Been ready, resting, watching TV, had some hot flashes, still up.
Crazy, hope estrogen helps.
I was having some major insomnia about 3 month ago, to the point where I was having anxiety attacks. I thought I was going to die if I didn't get some sleep!! I started taking Estroven Nighttime and it helps a lot!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-14-2012, 07:40 PM

Almostcrazy:
My script of estradiol is helping alot!
I only have a hard time sleeping once or twice a week instead of every night.
Unread 10-15-2012, 01:47 AM

Well on a good note, if it weren't for insomnia I wouldn't have found this site! I am trying melotonin & it relaxes me, but still have trouble. Two nights ago so anxious I thought I was going crazy. Luckily, I have a wonderful husband who woke up and caressed me until I could relax & sleep! I hate thinking about how many pills to take to sleep, & sometimes taking them, they don't work, & feeling even crappier the next day!! Ugh!! Sometimes too I get over tired & forget it--nothing helps until I finally crash!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-16-2012, 06:32 AM

Last night was so bad I could've cried. I finally fell asleep at around 5am. Did have to get up as hubbie sorting little one - nursery day big daughter wakes me at 7am due to spider in bath!!! After washing away back to bed. Can't sleep!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Awake til 9 slept til 1pm. This isn't right! If it's due to sleepy ovary then WAKE UP!!! Otherwise may have to take Dr up on offer of pills for a few days... Oils worked the night before :/
Unread 10-17-2012, 01:35 AM

Well, had a bad night last night & think I over did on sleep aids because I felt "druggy" all day! It scared me! Don't want to become dependent on meds! So, tonight I'm going to tough it out & hopefully it won't be too bad. It's 12:30 & I feel sleepy so we will see--wish me luck!!
Unread 10-17-2012, 03:21 AM

I had 2 good nights sleep and thought yes I've cracked it (again) but alas last night still saw 1am and 2am then 5am Grrr. Took my boys to soccer camp this morning looking like a scary woman!!!!
Unread 10-17-2012, 07:45 AM

I am on the lowest dose of Vivelle Dot, and when I spoke with doctor at 4 week check up about insomnia he said I might need a higher dose but I have to wait a full 3 months for everything to settle down before increasing it. Three months of no sleep?

After reading everything on this site about insomnia and trying every natural approach to improving sleep I finally broke down and turned to meds. The final straw came when I was at a near melt down due to lack of sleep. I felt as though I was losing my mind and came to a point that I could barely function. As much as I hate taking drugs it came to a point where using the sleep aid was the lesser evil. For me continuing with insomnia was no longer an option.

I've been using over the counter diphenthydramine. Took full dose first few nights, half a dose a few nights. Now I find I can function fairly well if I take it every third night. Still not sleeping well the other 2, but at least I can make it through with a good night's sleep every 3rd night.

Sorry for the long post. Reading your stories helps me make it through this, and writing mine is kind of therapeutic.
Unread 11-02-2012, 03:49 PM

I had an abdominal Hysterectomy in August 27th and I'm still having insomnia, I tried Tylenol PM, Melatonin, and some Camomile Tea, but nothing worked, my gyn said that I need to be patience, but I'm not a patience person and this is driving me crazy...help... :-(
Unread 11-03-2012, 12:09 AM

yes still having problem sleeping...it is getting a little better though..I am still wearing my binder too, as when i take it off i feel like everything is still not in place in there....ugh
Unread 11-05-2012, 05:12 AM

My dr said insomnia is normal after a hysterectomy. Funny thing, I was so nervous about having it, I didn't sleep fir the 2 weeks kneading up to surgery and the insomnia has continued post-op. tried Benadryl, Motrin pm and then my dr gave me mild sleeping pill to get me asleep for at least 4-6 hrs. Since my vaginal cuff is a slow healer at 5 weeks and working home I use to sleep during the day. No longer taking nas unless I'm totally exhausted and getting some sleep at night. To make matters worse I'm on arixtra (injection to avoid blood clots) which causes insomnia.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register