Scheduled TVH Fatigue before hysterectomy? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Fatigue before hysterectomy? Fatigue before hysterectomy?

Unread 10-20-2014, 05:35 PM
Fatigue before hysterectomy?

Hello Sisters! I am scheduled for a TVH on November 18th. My question is, has anyone experienced extreme fatigue? I sleep well at night but i drag all day. I work so naps are out of the question. Just curious. :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-20-2014, 06:39 PM
Re: Fatigue

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyS View Post
Hello Sisters! I am scheduled for a TVH on November 18th. My question is, has anyone experienced extreme fatigue? I sleep well at night but i drag all day. I work so naps are out of the question. Just curious. :-)
Hi Audrey. Have you any blood work done? I have trouble with chronic Iron Deficiency Anemia and was totally exhausted for months before surgery. I had 2 iron infusions the week before I had my hysterectomy. I slept well at night but it didn't help the exhaustion. I would get up, go to work, sleep on my lunch hour and go to bed when I got home. That was the only way that I could function. Have you talked to your doctor about how you are feeling. They will do blood work on your pre-op but it would be good to check before then.

on your surgery. Hoping you can get this fatigue under control.
Unread 10-20-2014, 06:47 PM

Hi AudreyS, I see we have the same surgery date! I was having issues with fatigue, and like bkfranke, it was due to anemia. I got my iron back up, and I was feeling much better. Recently, I started feeling run down and tired again. I have figured out it is because of a new prescription medication I have been taking. My doctor cut back the dose, and I am feeling better again. There are lots of things that can contribute to fatigue. Be sure and discuss your concerns with your doctor. Hoping time passes quickly between now and our surgery date, and that we have uneventful successful surgeries and recoveries!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-20-2014, 07:16 PM

Thank you ladies, I have my preop appt on 11/3. I will mention it to him then. I haven't had any periods since my ablation so I don't think it could be anemia...or could it? I have been taking 600 mg's of Ibuprofen every 6 hours for the pain, maybe it would be this? I am just ready to get this surgery done and hopefully get back to my old self.
Unread 10-20-2014, 07:21 PM

I did nit have anemia. I was so tired!! I think a lot was stress, and a lot of just feeling crummy i was sleeping but not well. Did a lot of stress relief work, and drank a lot of chammomile tea. That seemed to help, but hang in there, and do let your dr know at preop.
Unread 10-20-2014, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyS View Post
Thank you ladies, I have my preop appt on 11/3. I will mention it to him then. I haven't had any periods since my ablation so I don't think it could be anemia...or could it? I have been taking 600 mg's of Ibuprofen every 6 hours for the pain, maybe it would be this? I am just ready to get this surgery done and hopefully get back to my old self.
Don't let yourself get nervous over the exhaustion. Different things can cause it and it is important for your surgeon to know everything that is going on. Be sure to tell him and the nurse at your hospital pre-op that you have been taking ibuprofen and how much. They want a complete list of all your meds and dosage.

The waiting is hard -- use the time to prepare your recovery space so that everything is ready for you when you return home. I froze meals ahead and that really helped. Be sure to take time in there for you too. Make time to chat with your friends and just to relax. That really goes a long way.

coming your way.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register