Bath after hysterectomy? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Bath after hysterectomy? Bath after hysterectomy?

Unread 08-04-2015, 07:16 PM
Bath after hysterectomy?

Ok so I may have messed up today. I wanted a nice hot bath so bad so I took one. Just a few minutes and I was real careful with my spots(they are glued). Has anyone else taken one and been ok? I got to worrying after about my vagina not so much my abdomen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-04-2015, 07:29 PM
Re: Bath??

I took a bath about 7 days post op and it felt lovely. If you feel Ok then don't worry. You will know,if something doesn't feel right.
Unread 08-04-2015, 08:23 PM

Great question.. I've been wanting to take a bath myself, but have been hesitant for fear of infection! Interested in others opinions..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-04-2015, 10:29 PM

Even though you feel fine, you need to call your doctor. Having water to the vagina can be a good way to introduce moisture and bacteria to a healing vaginal cuff and any vaginal incisions, causing complications, infection, healing issues, and more. That is why after a hysterectomy women are typically restricted from bathing for around 6 weeks. The area needs to be dry and as free from bacteria as possible.

s
Unread 08-04-2015, 11:51 PM
Re: Bath after hysterectomy?

I was not allowed to have a bath for six weeks and when I went for my 6 week check-up she still wanted me to wait a few more weeks before soaking. Everyone will be different, it's best to just ask your doctor to be sure.

Take care
Unread 08-04-2015, 11:53 PM

I was not allowed a bath for 6 weeks. I really wanted one when I was sick but held off.
Unread 08-05-2015, 05:52 AM

Did your dr give you instructions about bathing? I couldn't for 6 weeks, if you weren't cleared for bathing, call your dr.
Unread 08-05-2015, 12:27 PM

Thanks y'all....I probably shouldn't have done it. I remember the nurse telling me not to take a bath for fear of pulling too much on my abdomen but that is all I can remember. I am a nurse and you would think I know nothing at this point, my mind is like jello. One positive note I had a small BM this morning ( GO ME!!) and only had to take one pain pill yesterday and the day before. For all you women that are able to take ibuprofen I applaud you because I haven't been that lucky yet!
Unread 08-05-2015, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moty79 View Post
Thanks y'all....I probably shouldn't have done it.
Bathing was a strict for me post op and I wasn't cleared for baths until 8 weeks. Please do call your doctor, as bathing can expose you to serious infection at the vaginal cuff. Here is an article on this:

Bathing

I am that all is well.
Unread 08-05-2015, 01:07 PM
Bath after hysterectomy?

I got out of the hospital yesterday, I had surgery Monday and i'am scared to take a shower, to take the bandages off but I want to so bad

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register