Thermachoice | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 09-24-2003, 10:40 AM
Thermachoice

Hi~
I'm wondering if any of you ladies have tried, or heard of Theramchoice? I have a friend having it done on Friday to help with painful periods, and we're wanting to hear from someone who may have tried it.

Thanks in advance if you know anything~
Carol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-24-2003, 11:24 AM
Thermachoice

Hi Carol,

At age 38 I had endometrial ablation done because I had some large fibroids which were causing painful periods and heavy bleeding. The ablation removed the lining of the uterus and most of the fibroids but the fibroids had already grown deep into the wall of my uterus so I knew there was a good chance I may have to have a hysterectomy someday. After the ablation I had no pain or bleeding for over a year but gradually the bleeding and pain did come back. I had my hysterectomy (LAVH) about 20 months ago at age 41 - my uterus and cervix were removed, I kept both ovaries.

Sometimes the ablation alone takes care of things and sometimes a hysterectomy is still done later because problems reoccur. Your friend and her doctor need to discuss what options are best for her.

HysterSisters is an awesome source for resources and support. Please encourage your friend to use the site to do any research she needs to.

You may find these links helpful:

http://www.fda.gov/fdac/features/2001/601_tech.html

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/for...s=&forumid=164

Take care.

s
Unread 09-24-2003, 01:58 PM
Thermachoice

Lynn~
Thank you so much...I just had my lavh on 8/29/03, keeping one ovary, but my friend is trying to avoid a hysterectomy. I'm worried about her though, because she had not had a pap smear in 6 years, so I talked her into going to see my nurse practioner, since she preferred a female. The ONLY reason she went was to find out about this procedure, as she has been having so many problems. Anyway, the pap was performed, and they scheduled the procedure for this Friday, but the nurse said that she would need to come back the very next day to see the Doctor to have a scope and biopsy. I found this highly unusual, since my biopsy wasn't done until after my results came back. I'm wondering what she might have felt up there....fibroids maybe? Then the doctor told her she had accumulated blood. He then told her that even though the results weren't back yet, that once he got in there Friday, he would do whatever needs done. She didn't ask any questions! I told her she'd better...it may be a difference of an outpatient surgery with a day or two of recoup time, or it may be a couple of days in the hospital with a 6-8 week recoup time!! But I'm hoping this all works out for her, and I told her about this great website, which has been a godsend to me. I thank you so much for your reply, as we had never talked to anyone who'd had this done!

Thanks again.

Hugs,
Carol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register