My date is set | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

My date is set My date is set

Unread 02-12-2008, 02:30 PM
My date is set

Well, it looks like the end of the long road traveled is coming up shortly!! My date is set for March 12, at 7:30 a.m.
I have gone over a few things with the Dr. and he has decided to give me an epidural before surgery as part of my pain management. I will have that removed the day I get to go home. I am having a TAH. Has anyone else had that instead of a pump? Just curious. Kelly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-12-2008, 03:32 PM
My date is set

Kellyd,
my date is set for March 13th.. vaginal total hysterectomy, due to excessive bleeding, blood clots, the works. I haven't talked to my doctor about the pain medication yet, and was told they would review it at the hospital. My only concern is that I"m allergic to Codine, so hopefully there is something that will help me out. I'm nervous but my hope is that I feel better soon, less tired, etc. Like most this has been a long road.
Unread 02-12-2008, 03:40 PM
My date is set

My date is for the 13th also! What time do you have to be there? I check in at 5.30am for TVH, TOT sling and anterior repair.

good luck ladies!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-12-2008, 03:46 PM
My date is set

My date is the 13th also. good luck to all of you. I'am, a little nervous
I"am trying not to think about it for awhile
Unread 02-13-2008, 03:16 AM
My date is set

kellyd_370,
I had an epidural but not until the pump I was on stopped working. I woke up in recovery in a lot of pain when the pump broke. They gave me an epidural and it worked great because I fell back to sleep and was fine through the rest of the night.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register