New Pain 4 months post op-advice please | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

New Pain 4 months post op-advice please New Pain 4 months post op-advice please

Unread 01-16-2010, 01:45 PM
New Pain 4 months post op-advice please

Hi Ladies,

I am about 4 1/2 months post op. I live in NW Indiana and last week we had a tremendous snowfall, probably about a couple of feet at least. I live alone, and if I don't do things myself, well, they won't get done. I did alot of snow shoveling to say the least. Last Sunday, I started to experience alot of pain in my abdominal area. Kinda didn't think much of it and just chalked it up to overdoing it and started taking Aleve, Motrin, Vicodin hoping the pain would subside, but it hasn't. As a matter of fact they have gotten worse, espcially on my right side, where I had experiencedmost of my problems.

Thursday, I called my gyne and was told that since I no longer have any organs (except for my left ovary) this was no longer something she could see me about and to contact my GP. I feel like she completely abandoned me. I thought that anything possibly surgically related was her area, but I guess I was wrong. ...So I have an appointment Monday with my GP.

Is it normal to be experiencing this much pain post op? I don't think I felt this bad after my surgery. I am hoping that I didn't really screw myself up. I would think after4 1/2 months I would be moving forward, but i feel like I just took a huge step backwards.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-16-2010, 01:55 PM
Re: New Pain 4 months post op-advice please

Hi September,
I feel your pain. I am 3 months and way overdid it around the holidays and felt worse than I ever had. My surgeon sd it was normal to still be feeling pains especially when you overdo it. He told me it was due to muscle, tendon and nerve disruption and the nerve endings were still firing. I'm sorry you feel so bad. It is frustrating and scary. Hopefully you did not hurt anything and your family doc can confirm it. Hope you can take it easy the rest of the weekend. Please let me know what your doc has to say on monday.
Unread 01-16-2010, 02:05 PM

Thank you soo much for your words..

I'm just so frustrated and to the point where I feel that I will never feel good again and that this was the worst thing I ever did.

I will give an update Monday.

Thanks again!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-16-2010, 02:43 PM

Hi. I to have done to much. I also, like you only have my left ovary. I moved bedroom furniture around and shoveled and now my stomach is swollen and hurts on the right side also. I had a TAH and even my incision burns. Our ded. is high again and I really do not have the $$ to go to the doctors. I feel your pain. You would think by now we would feel better. I lifted water at the store today, ouch. Guess we need to go back to the beg. and not do anything. I wish. Good luck.
Unread 01-16-2010, 03:42 PM

Thank you-

I have the same pain around my incision also. I also have shooting pains down my right leg too..I understand the ded issue. I'm still swamped with med bills..

Good luck with you too!
Unread 01-17-2010, 08:37 AM

I had surgery in September and was feeling great had gone back to work and got through the holiday feeling wonderful. This morning I woke up with some severe pain in my abdomen area more so on the right but definately all the way across. I can't think of doing anything that involved lifting alot of weight!? I have worked full time this week but I pretty much sit at a desk so really wasn't lifting any kind of weight. Much to my relief I see that there are some others still feeling the pain so I guess its normal. I will take aleve and hope I feel better by taking it easy the remainder of the weekend.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register