Question. Please help! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Question. Please help! Question. Please help!

Unread 05-04-2006, 10:06 AM
Question. Please help!

Hello Everyone,

I'm 9 weeks into my LAVH and I still feel sutures on my vaginal cuff. I see my doctor again on the 18th of this month, but I was wondering if anyone else still has their sutures after all this time.

Thank you for your help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-04-2006, 10:33 AM
Question. Please help!

I know that mine came out at about 7 weeks because I saw about three of them. Is there any soreness? Is there any way your appointment could be brought forward if you're worried about it? You really should ring to see- I know I would.
Unread 05-04-2006, 10:35 AM
Question. Please help!

I am not as far along, but over 7 weeks now. I still have lots of stitches left up there and was surprised since I passed so many during weeks 3-4.

Are you still passing them? I passed one this morning and it was the first I had seen in weeks.
Betts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-04-2006, 12:28 PM
Question. Please help!

I'm at 7 1/2 weeks and still haven't seen a single stitch. I don't think I missed them either. I think all of us heal at our own pace. I had a little "whisker stitch" that poked out of the end of my incision. That took 5 1/2 weeks to break off which seemed ridiculously long to me - but the Dr. said it was quite normal. Who knows?
Unread 05-04-2006, 12:43 PM
Question. Please help!

Thank you everyone for sharing your progress. It seems I need to be more patient with recovery. I learned the hard way after only 2 weeks. Ha Ha.

Thank you again for all your suggestions and comments.

K
Unread 05-04-2006, 12:49 PM
Question. Please help!

What do the stitches look like? At almost 6 weeks I haven't seen anything.
Unread 05-04-2006, 12:51 PM
Question. Please help!

Im 7 weeks post op and have not seen a single stitch either and believe me...I look everytime I wipe!
Unread 05-04-2006, 12:53 PM
Question. Please help!

I haven't seen anything yet either, which makes me wonder a bit because I had my surgery the same day as Betts.
Unread 05-04-2006, 02:21 PM
Question. Please help!

Dr. didn't seem concerned that I still had lots of stitches today, so it must be normal.
Unread 05-04-2006, 03:26 PM
Question. Please help!

At my post op Dr. told me I would start to see them but at 6 weeks I haven't seen any yet.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register