Post LAVH questions--how alert will I be? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Post LAVH questions--how alert will I be? Post LAVH questions--how alert will I be?

Unread 11-17-2009, 08:47 PM
Post LAVH questions--how alert will I be?

This may sound dumb, but my hospital has wifi and I'm trying to decide whether I'll be alert enough to take my laptop or not. I'm having an LAVH and the doc said I might just be there overnight, or possibly two nights. If two nights, I'm pretty sure I'd be glad to have it there.

But I don't know what to expect the day of surgery, the next morning... any guesses?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-17-2009, 08:53 PM
Re: Post LAVH questions--how alert will I be?

I was out of it the day of my LAVH but alert and fine the day after, only needed pain meds once. Internet wasn't being offered in hospitals way back then, so I didn't access the web during my hospital stay.

Several ladies here on the site have utilized the internet access in their hospitals and some have even posted here on the sit from their hospital beds. And usually we can tell! Pain medications and anesthesia tend to mess with spelling and grammar skills! You might want to keep that in mind if you decide to send e-mails, post on forums, and such!

Unread 11-18-2009, 05:19 AM

I was only there one night and there was no way I would have been able to work my laptop, which I am normally addicted to.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-18-2009, 06:34 AM

I didnt have my laptop with me but my sister brought one up for me the day after surgery and I couldnt see straight to even type on it. I sent texts back and forth with Jennypoo who posted on here for me (she had surgery same day as me) I can tell you by the text messages I sent (read them a week after I got home) that I am glad I didnt have computer access, I cant imagine what I would have said LOL...I was out of it the entire time and I was there 4 days. I also have a vague memory of a few calls I made the first day to friends, family and one to my work but the people on the other end remember clearly what I said...well, maybe not clearly, they said I sounded like I felt "FINE" LOL...I was out of it .

I would say to bring it if you can but not push yourself to use it. I brought books and an IPod and didnt even think for a second about grabbing them out but was glad they were there just in case.

Edited to say I had TAH/BSO not LAVH so it will probably be a bit different for you as far as feeling alert. Good luck to you!
Unread 11-18-2009, 08:06 AM

I was sleeping 90% of the day of surgery.. I tired to text was well and yeah that didnt turn out to well! the meds will have you pretty loopy!
Unread 11-18-2009, 11:35 AM

I was only there over night but there is No way I would have been able to use my laptop. Everyone is different though.
Unread 11-18-2009, 11:40 AM

Hello, I was able to function normally in the hospital but dont remeber alot of it. I wouldnt try to do any work on you laptop though
Unread 11-18-2009, 12:35 PM

I brought mine and read/posted the next day. I wasn't on it very much maybe 10 minutes at a time but it was a nice distraction.

I had to check my facebook

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register