LAVH Heavy spotting - 3 weeks post hysterectomy - advice needed | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Heavy spotting - 3 weeks post hysterectomy - advice needed Heavy spotting - 3 weeks post hysterectomy - advice needed

Unread 05-23-2016, 08:01 AM
Heavy spotting - 3 weeks post hysterectomy - advice needed

Hi

I had my hysterectomy 29th April

Everything had been pretty well so far, bowel movements almost everyday with ease, eating light meals little and often, fruit juice, peppermint tablets, warm drinks, going for short walks etc. Saturday I went to toilet a bit more than normal, since then I haven't been but now I'm spotting quite heavily.

I had noticed that when I hadn't had a bowel movement for a day I would spot lightly. Is it where my bowel hasn't cleared and is laying on my insides? I've had a word with the recovery nurse I have had contact with and she says no, but it seems co-incidental. She hasn't been much help with any of the questions I've had.
Can anyone shed any light in this or gone through this, any advice gratefully recieved.

Thank you x
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-23-2016, 08:23 AM
Re: Heavy spotting - 3 week post op - advice needed

I am sorry to read you are not feeling well.

Stop talking to the nurse and call your doctor. If you are filling a pad for an hour go to the ER.

Get the help you need to ease your nerves.

Unread 05-24-2016, 01:46 AM
Re: Heavy spotting - 3 week post hysterectomy - advice needed

I had bright red spotting at 4weeks called my doctor and was seen right away. He said bright red blood at this stage wasn't normal. I had been on antibiotics from a post op infection which made me sicker than all get out. He said that the pressure from all the bowel movements had opened part of my sutures. I would definitely call the doctor especially if this is new bleeding.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-24-2016, 06:10 AM
Re: Heavy spotting - 3 weeks post hysterectomy - advice needed

When I had my first BM, a couple of drops of bright red blood came out. I noticed after about a couple of weeks post-op that before a BM, I would have brownish vaginal discharge. I was a little constipated at times. The only time I would have discharge is right before a BM. I called my doc's office when this continued on for a week and they indicated if the bleeding isn't causing pain or filling a pad in under an hour, then I should be okay until my next appt.

At my five week post-op, my doc did notice granulation on my cuff and treated it with silver nitrate. He did say that my bowels could be leaning a little on my cuff, while it is healing as my stitches are dissolving. I should expect to spot until my stitches are completely dissolved. Currently discharge is much less and yellowish and still around when my bowels feel like they are about ready.

Hopefully everything normalizes in the BM dept soon, so we don't have to think about it anymore. Hang in there.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register