Help! Maternity Ward dilemma - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Help! Maternity Ward dilemma Help! Maternity Ward dilemma

Unread 08-10-2001, 07:48 PM
part of hospital

I was in the materity area but it did not make any difference.I awoke in the room. I only walked back and forth from the bathroom to bed. , never left the room until they pushed me in a wheel chair out to the car when I left. I never seen anything to do with babies. I never even walked to the window to look out and see what room I was in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-11-2001, 07:47 AM
Help! Maternity Ward dilemma

A hospital is supposed to be a place of COMPASSION!

I know, I work in one. The advice given so far has been great. The social worker is a GREAT place to start because they work with all areas of the hospital and know how to get things done!

If they CAN"T get you a room on the surgery floor, I agree with asking to be at the end of the hall in maternity -FURTHEST FROM THE NURSERY!!! When my mom had her hyster in a large Omaha hospital, they had two hallways, one was for GYN and one was for OB but the nursery was clear away from the GYN floor so when doing our "laps" you had to WANT to get to the nursery - that was my Mom's goal so she could get home.

It sounds like you have LOTS of great support too. Stand your ground and be persistent. Remember you are PAYING for this room. You will have enough to deal with emotionally and physically with this surgery. You don't need to deal with crying babies too!!!

Sending best wishes and s
Unread 08-11-2001, 07:49 AM
Help! Maternity Ward dilemma

I am 3 weeks post op. I have 2 children and had my tubes tied 8 years ago because both my pregnancies were so difficult that I didn't feel I could take a chance on getting pregnant again. I had always wanted 4 children, but thought I had dealt with the fact that this would never happen.

Anyway, they did put me in the maternity ward, but I didn't think it would be a problem. However, the second night I couldn't sleep and was trying to read while DH slept. A baby started crying in the room next door and it about drove me nuts. I finally apologized to DH and turned on the tv to drown out the cries. I'm sure it would have upset me even more if I didn't have children. If I were you, I'd definitely keep pushing to be put in another room!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register