Recovery Time - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Time Recovery Time

Unread 01-15-2013, 07:40 PM
Re: Recovery Time

Thanks saw02. I do have the freedom to get up and walk around when I need to. I have tons of comfy work clothes to wear as my belly has been swelling for months :-) So that should help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-15-2013, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jribs15 View Post
Thank you everyone..this makes me feel better. I sit for 10 hours a day so wondering if I will be uncomfortable...any one else have a desk job?
Day 2 after surgery i had to start a training class from home (6 hrs a day) and i did it from bed. Yesterday (day 7 post surgery) i moved from bed to desk, so have been at my desk (luckily from home) for 7+ hours yesterday and today. I have been wearing my binder some of the time, and have managed to sit for 2+ hours without getting up ... I was ok but i know i need to move around more often, esp since it helps with gas ..
10 hours is a lot ... Can you start off on a half day?
Unread 01-15-2013, 09:53 PM

Hi there, I will be 1 week post-op tomorrow afternoon.I had the SILS procedure which is where they go through your belly button for the incision and take it out through your vaginal openings. My reasoning why I had to get one done was I was an ablation failure and doctor screw up toy. The doctor when he got in my found adhesions attaching to other organs and had to be peeled away. I was told that I can't drive for 2 weeks, light house work a week after surgery, take naps if I become tired, no lifting anything over 15 pounds for 6 weeks and total healing time for me should be 4-6 weeks. I think it all depends on what type of surgery you have done, if there was any complications and how fast your body heals from trauma. My word of advice for you is this, you might feel like a million dollars but take it slow and easy you can hurt yourself in the long run!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jribs15 View Post
My surgery is scheduled Feb 11th, and told my recovery time will only be 1-2 weeks. From what I am reading it appears most people need up to 6 weeks...confused??? I am having LSH, doctor is taking the uterus and fallopion tubes. Main reason for hysterectomy is endometriosis. I have been on birth control, IUDs and nothing has help with my issues. Any feedback is greatly appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-15-2013, 09:57 PM

Moochelle, that's the same day as my follow up appointment. No chance yours is around 945 in the morning is it?? LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by moochelle01 View Post
I am scheduled of my 2 wk checkup on the 24th, at which point I guess it will be decided if I can return to work. Initially I was told I might be able to go back for half shifts and ease back into it. Will just have to wait and see what is said on the 24th. as of now, I don't see it happening, I can't sit for more than about 10 minutes without discomfort, 12 hours seems like an eternity. But will see
Unread 01-16-2013, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewinNC2012 View Post
Can you start off on a half day?
Yes my company is very accommodating. They will allow me to work from home and I can modified my hours if I need to. Right now I am schedule to be off for 2 weeks following my surgery..then I guess I will take it from there.
Unread 01-16-2013, 07:37 AM

That's what I'm scheduled for as well... 2 weeks off, then back at it. Although if I need more, they'll give me more, or I can do half days, or I can work from home for a while. Knowing me, I'll be VERY antsy to go back to work.

I do have a desk job, and what lifting is to be done at my work the guys in my group can handle. In fact, even when I'm feeling OK they tend to jump in and do the heavy or akward lifting anyway.

I feel SO grateful they will be so accommodating. It makes all the difference in the world. All that slightly worries me at this point is being able to drive. My DH and I work for the same company and he doesn't drive due to a seizure condition. We're going to have to find a way for him to get to the office. He unfortunately can't work from home or reduce his hours. I'm hoping if we can't find him a ride all the way into work, that we can at least find a neighbor to get him to and from the bus stop!
Unread 01-29-2013, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambchops View Post
Moochelle, that's the same day as my follow up appointment. No chance yours is around 945 in the morning is it?? LOL

Only off by 5 minutes lmao 0940
Unread 01-29-2013, 09:52 PM

LOL Our doctors must be on the same brain wave then!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moochelle01 View Post
Only off by 5 minutes lmao 0940

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register