for those that have had their surgery, how long was it? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

for those that have had their surgery, how long was it? for those that have had their surgery, how long was it?

Unread 01-08-2009, 03:56 PM
for those that have had their surgery, how long was it?

I just wondered how long ya'll were in surgery? I know it's silly, but I'm a bit anxious about this. . .

Michele
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-08-2009, 04:04 PM

This is not silly! I wanted to know this, too. I had a TVH with no repairs and was in surgery about 90 minutes. I was in the recovery room for two hours (although it seemed much shorter).
Unread 01-08-2009, 04:10 PM

I was taken into surgery at 7:30am and doctor came out to waiting room to speak to DH at 10:15am.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-08-2009, 04:18 PM

I was in there a couple hours. What was bad is that they told my DH to move waiting rooms, So the Dr. didnt know and after 4 hours and no dr. my DH was so worried.
Unread 01-08-2009, 04:18 PM

I had a TAH (kept ovaries) and it was 3.5 hours in surgery, then a couple more in recovery.

It isn't silly to be nervous about this; it's one of the first questions I asked my doctor!
Unread 01-08-2009, 04:19 PM

i had mine on monday-- and it was a little over 2hrs so i was told- my uterus was 5x normal size and attached to my bladder, so it took a little time
Unread 01-08-2009, 04:49 PM

Ok, now I am a little concerned....my doctor said the surgery should take about an hour, and I am having a TAH/BSO...hmmm, I know the OR nurse said he is good and quick, but I think I am going to ask again.
Unread 01-08-2009, 04:59 PM
Surgery Time

Hello dear Sister,

I went to the surgery room about 10:30 am and went back to my room at 2:00 pm. My doctor told that the surgery was a little bit longer due the size of my uterus. I have Abdominal surgery.
Unread 01-08-2009, 05:07 PM

Mine (LSH) and removal of one ovary w/cyst ended up taking 4 hours because lots of endo was found and my fibroids were calcified. The important thing for your DH (or whoever is waiting) to know is not to worry if it takes longer than expected. It could easily mean that the dr. is just taking the time to remove all the endo. lesions or like me, had to keep changing to new blades because the fibroids were so hard. BTW, the fact that it took longer than expected did not mean my recovery was any worse. I was back to work in two weeks and did not use any of the narcotic pain killers, just ibubrofin. Because I was under anestesia for a while, I did get lots of IV fluid to I was very swollen - face, hands, belly, when I woke up but that went away in a few days. Good luck.
Unread 01-08-2009, 05:22 PM

I just asked DH- he said that my procedure was less than an hour- and she took everything-ovaries, uterus, tubes, cervix. And to date-no problems! Feeling better every day!
I will be thinking good thoughts for you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register