Six Days post op... need some encouragement please | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Six Days post op... need some encouragement please Six Days post op... need some encouragement please

Unread 01-22-2014, 11:19 AM
Six Days post op... need some encouragement please

I didn’t think it would be this hard... naive of me. I’m super emotional, fearful, angry, sad.... Physically I am feeling well, except for yesterday my bowels woke up like an angry dragon! Never in my life have I felt that kind of pain except in childbirth. At night I sweat a lot, I can hardly eat. But I’m up and dressed and moving about really well. I feel brokenhearted. And sorry for myself. But I don’t know why. I feel like the surgery itself was much more traumatic than I thought it would be, my face was so swollen when I woke up it looked like I had been in a fight. I was intubated, so my throat was sore. My bellybutton was gross and my belly was swollen my insides were angry at me. My vagina was like ***??? Someone please tell me that this is all going to get better. Please tell me that it was worth it. I suffered from bad PMS and periods, but I was accustomed to handling it. This is totally different. I just need to know its going to get better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-22-2014, 11:23 AM
Re: Six Days post op... need some encouragement please

It will but will take a few weeks- can't rush it (((hugs))) it's the trauma of the surgery, changing hormones and recovery all put together...takes a while to feel a semblance of normalcy but u will find the balance soon. Hang in there!!
Unread 01-22-2014, 11:24 AM

Jenzen,
it really does get better, I promise. I had my surgery 1/8, and I am feeling really good.Look toward the better days ahead!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-22-2014, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenZen View Post
I didn’t think it would be this hard... naive of me. I’m super emotional, fearful, angry, sad.... Physically I am feeling well, except for yesterday my bowels woke up like an angry dragon! Never in my life have I felt that kind of pain except in childbirth. At night I sweat a lot, I can hardly eat. But I’m up and dressed and moving about really well. I feel brokenhearted. And sorry for myself. But I don’t know why. I feel like the surgery itself was much more traumatic than I thought it would be, my face was so swollen when I woke up it looked like I had been in a fight. I was intubated, so my throat was sore. My bellybutton was gross and my belly was swollen my insides were angry at me. My vagina was like ***??? Someone please tell me that this is all going to get better. Please tell me that it was worth it. I suffered from bad PMS and periods, but I was accustomed to handling it. This is totally different. I just need to know its going to get better.
I'm 1 week post op and the gas pains and bowel pains are bad. Have to tried gas ex? For some reason it is worse today than it has been.
Unread 01-22-2014, 11:49 AM

HUGS... Everyone is different physically, emotionally and mentally. I had surgery on November 18, 2013 and am doing pretty well. Things will get better. I was so happy to finally have the surgery. Remember to take care of you. Talk to your doctor, a counselor or even a support group. I don't have children and really was never in a position. I think there is a grief period to it so just be safe and take care of you.

Happy Healing.
Unread 01-22-2014, 11:59 AM

Thank you. Take care too. I think I over did it also. I hate staying in bed!!!
Unread 01-22-2014, 12:43 PM

I am 3 1/2 weeks and it DOES get better. That immediate post-surgical pain went away much quicker than I expected. I used an ice pack a lot on my incisions, made such a difference.

hugggs, hope you feel better soon!
Unread 01-22-2014, 01:07 PM

Hi, I'm two weeks post op, just stay positive it will get better. I listen to positive thing all day long as a way to encourage my self. Try this it may work for you.
Unread 01-22-2014, 01:19 PM

It will get better. I am in my 5th week post-op and have started back to work half days. I feel pretty normal other than being tired. One of my biggest inspirations has been the number of women who lead very normal and healthy lives who have had hysterectomies - when they learned of my pending surgery they shared their experiences. Otherwise I wouldn't have ever known that they were 'sisters.' Also reassuring - everyone is glad they had it done - no one has expressed any regret. Hang in there - there will be improvement over the 'big picture.' Best wishes to you and your recovery!
Unread 01-22-2014, 02:57 PM

I am one week post op today, and much like yourself so lost. I am in so much pain. I really expected to be in a different category of recovery by now. I am overweight already but OMG my stomach is huge.

Hugs. We just have to learn patience.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register