pain when sitting/bleeding | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

pain when sitting/bleeding pain when sitting/bleeding

Unread 09-29-2006, 06:19 AM
pain when sitting/bleeding

Okay i had my surgery August 16th2006 and i noticed this week at work that i spotted and i would feel a pressure pain when i sat in my chair. I am up and down all day.This am i woke up and had been bleeding and theres tolerable pain.Never bled except in the hospital.Cervix and uterus removed laproscopy.I fineally had sexw/husband it says 6 weeks we could.did something go wrong.I am calling the Dr in about an hour thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-29-2006, 06:57 AM

You are doing the right thing in calling your doc!
Did you bleed after sex or just with the sitting at work?
Let us know what the doc says!
Unread 09-29-2006, 06:58 AM

Hello. Please do call the dr. It could be your tore the "cuff" area at the top of your vaginal area. There will be stitches that had healed in there from your surgery. Our surgeries were near the same date. I tore my stitches maybe eight days or 10 days out (discovered at my two-week post-op appt.). First there was brown bloody stuff and then it got really bright red. I had to have an office procedure that was intended to help me heal. What happened was that parts of "me" started coming down my vaginal area, and the dr had to push them back up there and get me sealed up again. This is not an uncommon thing, but it does sound like your dr should know about this, in case s/he will want to check you out. You might have irritated the newly healed area or broken through, and you would be subject to possible infection, if so. Best wishes with this. Let us know what happens, please . . . . (I was given the go-ahead on intimacy, but I'm not about to try it for another month, maybe more, with dh's blessings on that. I was in a real lot of difficulty with those torn stitches, and I don't ever want to have to go through that procedure again, if I can help it!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-29-2006, 07:01 AM

I bled worse after sex but this week at work it was just spotty pinkish w/ pressure on and off at work. i will let ya know what the Dr. says.
Unread 09-29-2006, 07:02 AM

Hi cme37
Did you see your dr for a final check up and have the all clear for sex and everything? It isn't unusual at six weeks for there to be a little something not quite healed. It's good you plan to call the dr. You'll probably need to have it checked.
Sometimes some granulation tissue will form that causes some bleeding. It can usually be treated in the office with silver nitrate. Since you're having some additional pain too be sure to tell your dr exactly how you are feeling and when it started and all.
Let us know what you find out.
's,Rita
Unread 09-29-2006, 07:40 AM

Dear cme37, thanks for the followup. It's your saying that you feel pressure when sitting that triggers my main concern. That's what happened to me. I didn't actually have too too much spotting, but it felt as if there was something *in* there when I sat down on my two-cushioned seat (i.e., not a hard chair). It could be you weakened the scar tissue, merely, or it could be that your interior parts are extruded slightly. "preciouspearl" Rita is right -- it could be granulated tissue, but as I have that, and as I have had this other experience, I can say that the tingly feel from granulation is different from the pressure that I felt when I was experiencing torn stitches. It's good to put in a call, if only for the reassurance that your practitioner can offer.
Unread 09-29-2006, 08:04 AM

I have been experiencing some of what you are talking about. I had my post up check up on Wednesday with my Dr. he said I am not healed no sex. But I am having alot of pain when I sit and then get up from the sitting position. No bleeding though. He said everything was ok on Wednesday. Could something be wrong or just usual healing??
Unread 09-29-2006, 09:14 AM

Just came back from the Dr.Office And everything was okay.Your right granulated tissue and had to have silver nitrate.I know i didnt have the green light for sex,and i thought i was in trouble for having sex and thought i ruined his hard work.But i do have a wonderful Dr.and I am soo comfortable with his practice that after his treatment he told me its out of commission for a few days. Thanks to all!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register