Severe lower back pain? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Severe lower back pain? Severe lower back pain?

Unread 01-24-2005, 11:03 PM
Severe lower back pain?

I just got finished with my monthly, low back pain is a given for me during this time. Here is my situation...this time it was different, extremely painful in the area about the top of my hips. This time it was so painful that no matter what position I was in, laying, sitting or standing, I got no relief. Took Tylenol to no avail. Rubbed my lower back and even used a massager, no help. Hot baths didn't work. I walked stooped over and walking hurt like crazy. This lasted my entire monthly. I also noticed now for awhile that right before my monthly and during I have a real problem with constapation. Anyone else having these symptoms or is my body just being difficult right now?

Carol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-25-2005, 01:59 AM
Severe lower back pain?

I too have been suffering from lower back pain which has become increasingly more persistent over the last year. My doctor has put it down to the pressure of my fibroid uterus which is 14 - 16 week size. The uterus is also causing problems with bowel movements. I have to go more frequently probably because there is interference with the fecal stream.

I am so looking forward to losing these problems when I have my surgery in 13 days time.

Sharon in England
Unread 01-25-2005, 02:50 AM
Severe lower back pain?

Hi Carol
I too have lower back pain that usually starts mid-cycle and carries on for about 2 weeks it also travels down my left leg which feels like pins & needles. I don't have fibroids but this back/leg pain is associated to my cycle.

Have never had an explanation from the doctor so don't know what causes it.

Carol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-25-2005, 07:47 AM
Severe lower back pain?

Lower back pain is my one really big complaint. After having twins 2 1/2 yrs ago, I noticed before my period my back would ache. It has gotten worse every month since. What started out as uncomfortable is definitely getting worse. My ultrasound showed my uterus as about 10 weeks preg., but it is severly tilted. Gyn. said if it was stretched out it would probably be 12 wks. preg. I have noticed that I do seems to get constipated before I start my period. I never really noticed it before. When I first went to see my gyn. for the prolapses, I told him I didn't really have any complaints except for my back. He told me to really pay close attention to my body and he bet I would see a lot of symptoms that I was just brushing off. I have noticed several. I do not have fibroid (or so far I haven't been told I have any). My list keeps growing. lol. Anyways, my gyn. said my back ached so bad around period time, because the uterus feels up with blood (basically) and it puts even more weight on the back and more pressure on everything else. Makes sense, I guess.

Donna

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register