8 mos post op-swollen belly/tenderness at site | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

8 mos post op-swollen belly/tenderness at site 8 mos post op-swollen belly/tenderness at site

Unread 09-12-2011, 05:44 AM
8 mos post op-swollen belly/tenderness at site

Hello all, my apologies for not being here to offer support to my HS over the past few months....life's been crazy; caring for my elderly dad w/parkinsons, hubby had surgery, 14 yr old dd had ACL/Miniscus surgery the end of July, 15 yr old ds so out of wack, finally discovered he has 3rd stage Lyme and my almost 21 yr old is trying to be an adult but making poor choices.
Anyway, I'm finally here and need to ask what you all would do...I suffer from IBS so the battle of the BM is normal. It had gotten much better the first few months after my 1/28/11 TAH but in the past few months it's worse and more importantly the site at the top of my incision is tender to touch, its right on the pant / button line so initially I thought my pants were too tight. That's the other thing, my belly has not gone down at all, in fact, I think its bigger.
I did have a MRI back in April after my car accident b/c I was concerned the seat belt buckle may have done some damage inside but all that showed on that MRI was a spot on my liver that's been there awhile and the Dr was not too concerned. My question is, what would you do? Would you call your primary dr, GYN or surgeon? Thank you all and I promise to try to get back here more often with support for you all....Peace to all my sisters
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-12-2011, 12:07 PM
Re: 8 mos post op-swollen belly/tenderness at site

My word, talk about having your hands full! You've been through a lot! I have a little ball above my incision. Sometimes its fluid sometimes a muscular edema. I read about the muscular edema on this site. I find when I have done too much up and down from bed or chair, or taken things out of the oven it swells a bit more by the end of the day. I find an ice bag over the bu
p before bed helps to reduce the swelling. I am 6 weeks post op. I would definitely call my GYN first, see what they suggest. Sending positive energy and happy thoughts your way!

Hugs,
Helene

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register