TLH No bleeding post-op? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

No bleeding post-op? No bleeding post-op?

Unread 09-09-2013, 10:10 AM
No bleeding post-op?

Hello! This is my first post on here- yay! Ok, so I'm in no way complaining about this but, I thought I was supposed to be bleeding after my surgery. I had my hysterectomy 6 days ago (total laparoscopic) and haven't had any bleeding at all, not even in the hospital. Is this normal or will I have bleeding that I should expect later on in the next few weeks? I'm only 27 so none of my friends have expirence with this.

Side note- I had an IUD from February-July and bled heavily the entire time. Before and after the IUD my periods were extremely heavy and lasted 2 weeks, so not having a period ever again is very exciting for me! :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-09-2013, 10:14 AM
Re: No bleeding post-op?

Hi there I had a TAH so it may differ. But I had nothing until about day 7/8 and then I started with a minimal amount of pinkish watery discharge. Dr said this is normal as the tissues start to heal. Good luck with your recovery and I'm looking forward to dancing past the tampax aisle in the grocery store
Unread 09-09-2013, 10:59 AM

Good ? I am 5 weeks TAH and haven't or had any bleeding but have had other issues. I pray that I won't but maybe it different for everyone huh?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-09-2013, 11:12 AM

I am 4.5 weeks post-op from an abdominal hyst and I kept my cervix. I haven't had any vaginal discharge at all.
Unread 09-09-2013, 06:37 PM

I didn't have anything after the first night of surgery and I think that was more just residual from surgery itself as after I washed up with the wipes they gave me that evening... nothing!! Yay!!
Unread 09-09-2013, 08:30 PM

I had no bleeding.
Unread 09-09-2013, 09:11 PM

I had laparoscopic as well. Slight bit of pink at the hospital and again after the first time having sex (I had mine in early July) but nothing other than that. My Dr told me there can be some very light bleeding after but more than likely there would be none. Yay to no more periods!
Unread 09-09-2013, 10:02 PM

I had only a couple of drops (residual after surgery) and then nothing since. It's perfectly normal to have no bleeding (and also normal to have some light bleeding)
Unread 09-09-2013, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriannaH View Post
Hello! This is my first post on here- yay! Ok, so I'm in no way complaining about this but, I thought I was supposed to be bleeding after my surgery. I had my hysterectomy 6 days ago (total laparoscopic) and haven't had any bleeding at all, not even in the hospital. Is this normal or will I have bleeding that I should expect later on in the next few weeks? I'm only 27 so none of my friends have expirence with this.

Side note- I had an IUD from February-July and bled heavily the entire time. Before and after the IUD my periods were extremely heavy and lasted 2 weeks, so not having a period ever again is very exciting for me! :-)
Hey Brianna and welcome to the other side!

I had a TLHBSO and had some pinky diluted bleeding just after surgery that I saw on the protective mat/pad they have on your hospital bed when I got up to go the toilet but not a drop since, even though they told me that I may get some at around the 10 day or so mark and it would be the stitches dissolving...didn't get that either. Asked my G'P. about it and she said, not everybody bleeds and there is nothing wrong if you don't.
Hope that helps but if you are concerned, don't hesitate to ring your doctor and ask. Wishing you continued happy healings!
Hugs galore, xoxo.
Unread 09-09-2013, 11:51 PM

Eight days post TLH and bright red on day one, nothing since then! Optimistically I have chucked all the sanitary towels I had. (But kept a pack of panty liners!!)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register