What is the back pain from? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What is the back pain from? What is the back pain from?

Unread 04-13-2002, 10:03 AM
BACK PAINS!!

Nancy! Thanks for posting this!

My DH and I keep buying NEW MATTRESSES!!!!! lol

I couldn't understand why I didn't have this back pain ALL THE TIME, just several times/month - wakes me up and I have to go sleep on the couch!!!! We were just thinking about going to this place that MAKES A CUSTOM MATTRESS for you!!!!!! I'm waiting now until after my surgery!

DARN SYMPTOMS - you never know if you're crazy, imagining or WHAT!!! lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2002, 12:15 PM
The water has spread to Delaware

Nancy and Dorothy,

That water has spread to DELAWARE!!!

My back has hurt me for years. Because I an a large women, 4 different DRs told me it was because of my weight. 6 weeks ago, I had my TAH/BSO and I have no pain in my back. Right before the surgery, I was in terrible pain. Now from all the laying and sitting I have been doing, I should look like a pretzel my now. NOPE!!!

I asked the DR if my pain could have been caused by any of my problems and this time he said YES. My tubes were so enlarged, that he feel that they were pressing on my back.

Good luck with your pain and I hope it washes out to shore!!!

Nancy
Unread 04-13-2002, 02:36 PM
What is the back pain from?

Just wanted to add a bit. I too had chronic back pain every day pre op. When I had my periods it got unbearable and I had started having a numb left leg as well every month. My periods turned up the day before I went to hospital, just to remind me why I was having the surgery. About 3 hours before my op, I was nearly passing out from the cramps. It was easily the worst period I have ever had. Thank goodness I only had to get to day 2 and then surgery.

I am now 4 mths post op and have not had one back pain since surgery (and I am a "large lady"). And no bleeding whatsoever since day 2 post op. Gee I miss my periods and the pain - NOT.

I associated the back pain and numb left leg with my periods around 12 months pre op, but did not realise just how much relief I would get. Magic stuff.

All the very best wishes for your surgeries and recoveries.

Gail
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2002, 02:56 PM

OOOh Nancy, I know what you mean hun, My back pain is sooo bad, it is just like back labor. Mine has been this way for a long time. Have you been diagnosed with Endo yet? That sounds like it to me. It is pretty bad, just know you are not alone hun. I have been having my period like everymonth for weeks, it is bad, my doctor put me on Norethindrone to stop me and i am still going and ihave been taking it for 3 days now.

I hope you feel better and i will for you.
Take care,
Misty †
Unread 04-13-2002, 03:44 PM

Hi,Nancy, and the rest of you gals! I'm glad I ran across this thread. My back has also hurt continuously for almost a year now. I always attributed it to toting my now 20 month old all the time. She weighs 28 pounds. But 4/5/02, I found out I have a conglomerate of cysts on my right ovary that measures 3- 3 and a half inches total, and abnormally thickened endometrium. I go to Gyn Monday. I'll be sure to ask him about the back aches. Who knows? Maybe it really is all tied in together. Bye for now!
Unread 04-13-2002, 03:57 PM
Back Pain

I hear you on the back pain. Mine is in a lot of pain right now!

Anyone know if lower back pain can be caused by prolapse?
Hoping that I will be in less pain after the hyst! Best of Luck to all you ladies who are suffering, may you be pain free!!!!
s
Sandy ( LAVH with anterior repair for severe prolapse)
Unread 04-13-2002, 10:40 PM
Back Pain

Hi all you girls with the back pain,

My single symptom has been lower back and leg pain for going into 5 months now, every day. Since I am 63 years old, post menopausal for 10 years and on HRT, that was the last thing I would have thought was causing it. No history of any female probs either. I mentioned it to my family Doc on a routine visit, so we have been the whole gambit of physical therapy, x-rays, MRI's and everything was neg until I went to Gyno. I had a D&C and Diagnostic Lapo on Thursday. My uterus is retroverted, enlarged and my left ovary, tube, ureter are grown together and attached to the wall and the colon. That means TAH. Am not thrilled about it, but if it will make the back pain go away, it will be worth it.

I'm really glad I dicovered this thread. This looks like a wonderful site that I will be using a lot.

Hang in everyone and I will remember you ladies in my prayers.

Jan
Unread 04-14-2002, 12:05 AM

Hi Nancy and everyone,

Nancy we practically have the same surgery date. Mines May 28th, a day after my 44th birthday. I too suffer from lower back pain especially after standing for a long time. I feel so stiff and achy. Sometimes I feel like I have advanced arthritis. I'm a little afraid of hoping for too much...a sure set up for disappointment but you all do give me hope. Here's to the end of our pain!!!!!!!!!!

Best, Donna
Unread 04-14-2002, 07:17 AM

In addition to the back pain has any one experienced leg and ankle swelling in one or both legs? Sometimes this happens to me along with the back pain. The warm weather seems to be the worst time for the swelling though. Any thoughts?
Unread 04-14-2002, 07:25 AM

svquinn:
I do have a prolapsed uterus and I have TERRIBLE back pains.
That is actually how I found out about the prolapse.
My surgery is the 15th of May --we are close together.
Right now is the start of "that time" and my back is killing me.
I so am looking forward to being pain free also.
Good luck and lots of 's

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register