3 weeks post hysterectomy: stomach ache and heavy chest - hard to breathe sometimes | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

3 weeks post hysterectomy: stomach ache and heavy chest - hard to breathe sometimes 3 weeks post hysterectomy: stomach ache and heavy chest - hard to breathe sometimes

Unread 08-07-2016, 04:17 PM
3 weeks post hysterectomy: stomach ache and heavy chest - hard to breathe sometimes

Did you have what felt like stomach ache and a heavy chest. Hard to breathe sometimes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-07-2016, 05:39 PM
3 weeks post hysterectomy: stomach ache and heavy chest - hard to breathe sometimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstresponder View Post
Did you have what felt like stomach ache and a heavy chest. Hard to breathe sometimes
I did use my inhaler more, it felt like my asthma so that's what I thought it was. I get a stomach ache when I use too much ibuprofen, so I switched to Aleve because I only needed one pill twice a day instead of 3 pills every 4 hrs. Now I'm down to one Aleve at night, sometimes I take one in the morning too if I feel swelly.
Unread 08-07-2016, 06:21 PM

I never took pain meds just ibuprofen and at least 6-8 a day. Maybe that is what is causing the problems. Ive had horrible headaches as eell
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-08-2016, 02:22 PM
Re: 3 weeks post hysterectomy: stomach ache and heavy chest - hard to breathe sometimes

If you have stomach aches, are you constipated? Constipation can also cause severe gas up high in the chest, like its compressing & labored breathing. Narcotics & even ibrophrophen can cause stomach upset in higher dosage. What dosage do you take?

Headaches-reduced estrogen can be to blame. It also affects our slow digestion post op. If you can eat soy-soy milk, edemame it increases estrogen naturally in the body.

Call your Dr to discuss your symptoms if you dont get relief soon. No need to suffer. Feel better. Update us
Unread 08-08-2016, 04:21 PM
Re: 3 weeks post hysterectomy: stomach ache and heavy chest - hard to breathe sometimes

Going to the doctor tomorrow thank you
Unread 08-08-2016, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Going to the doctor tomorrow thank you
Feel better!
Unread 08-10-2016, 01:51 PM

I had a heavy chest feeling and sinusy on the Estragel and a compounded Estradoil/estragel. They switched me to oral and I've had nothing but extreme stomach pain. Still searching for answers. Let me know what your DR says. Dr and pharmacists swear the heavy chest is not from the medicines, but it went away when I stopped the medicines.
Unread 08-10-2016, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaco View Post
I had a heavy chest feeling and sinusy on the Estragel and a compounded Estradoil/estragel. They switched me to oral and I've had nothing but extreme stomach pain. Still searching for answers. Let me know what your DR says. Dr and pharmacists swear the heavy chest is not from the medicines, but it went away when I stopped the medicines.
I can't take hormones I went to the doc yesterday he said the stomach issues are not necessarily related but did tell me that all the meds could cause it. He thinks my chest heaviness is related to the stomach issues. I'm now on omeprazolone and it seems to have helped. I do feel better today and I stopped the ibuprofen as we'll.
Unread 08-10-2016, 03:26 PM

Quote:
I can't take hormones I went to the doc yesterday he said the stomach issues are not necessarily related but did tell me that all the meds could cause it. He thinks my chest heaviness is related to the stomach issues. I'm now on omeprazolone and it seems to have helped. I do feel better today and I stopped the ibuprofen as we'll.
Hi, I have a hiatal hernia due to fibroid/enlarged uterus pushing on everything..So I had to take omeprazole & rantadine. I know that oressure feeling. Be sure your GI system is moving thru otherwise thats what will create all the pressure. Since surgery, I no longer have to take meds but I do be sure to eat an apple if Ive had sonething heavier to eat. Crank up the fruits & veggies. Smoothies are good. Continue w walking & water..

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register