New here - hello ladies.... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

New here - hello ladies.... New here - hello ladies....

Unread 11-15-2002, 01:12 PM
New here - hello ladies....

My brief bio ..... I'm 35 (single, no kids) started my period at age 11 and by the time I turned unlucky number 13 I was having debilitating cramps, excessive bleeding, nausea, etc., etc., Years and years and years of dealing with this, OTC drugs, prescription drugs, laparscopy, Lupron for 6 mos. etc., Flash forward to the present day I decided (along with family members) that a hysterectomy is the best thing for me. Most people that know me know the shear torture I've been through with this disease.

Surgery date (Dec. 5th) for a TAH/BSO I'm both excited and nervous but hoping this will be my "salvation" so to speak. Enough rambling.

Later for now ladies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-15-2002, 01:22 PM

Hi, and welcome!
Sorry to hear about all the problems you've had. I think you will feel much better after your surgery. I'm glad you found this site. You will get so much info, support, and love here... not to mention the best cheerleaders around!
Feel free to ask questions, post concerns, vent, cry, whatever! Just make yourself at home here. There are also really cool areas of the site if you get sick of talking/thinking about your hyst, where you can chat with your new sisters about other stuff like music, movies, pets, healthy eating, prayers, you name it! This place is the best! If you ever want or need to chat more privately, feel free to send me a private message on here as well. I'm on here at least once a day, I can't stay away! It gets addicting here. Hope to hear from you soon! Good luck with your surgery, we'll be praying for you!
, Missy
Unread 11-15-2002, 01:31 PM

I don't know if I'm about to reply to your message correctly here goes.....Hi and thank
you oh so much MissMissy, I greatly appreciate your kind and sweet words. I think it might take me awhile to learn how to navigate through this system. By the way, how can I change my profile? Thanks a bunch.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-15-2002, 01:38 PM

Hi Purpleme

We're similar in that I'm 37 and have no kids. There seem to be a lot of us mid 30's sisters around here lately.

I'm sorry for all the pain and problems you've had over the years. Your attitude regarding surgery is great and I have no doubt you'll be happy with your decision. This website is a blessing of information and supportive sisters so read all you can, ask questions, post, and educate yourself. Have you visited the pull down menus? At the top right of the screen you'll see a pull down labeled "more hystersisters." From there select "pre op hints" and press the go button.

All the best to you. Don't forget to add your surgery date to your profile
Unread 11-15-2002, 01:42 PM

Welcome!

To change your profile - go to the top of this page and get on to Control Panel. You should be able to navigate from there!

XXOO
Unread 11-15-2002, 01:53 PM
I'm right there with ya

My surgery date is December 9th (behind you a few days). I am new to this site too. I just posted today as well. Seems to be a lot of informaiton. I'm looking forward to being done with the years of pain and frustration. Welcome, I look forward to seeing you in the chat rooms, and on other posts. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Kathy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register