Hard time coping with the pain! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hard time coping with the pain! Hard time coping with the pain!

Unread 03-21-2005, 08:48 AM
Hard time coping with the pain!

Well it has been 10 1/2 since my TAH and I am still suffering with pain. I am so disgusted with this already. I had this surgery to get rid of the pain. For 18 years I suffered with endometriosis and ovarian cysts so I was almost constantly in pain. Through those 18 yrs I had 9 surgeries to help with the cysts and endo. My doctor has been great with explaining everything to me but I am still very disgusted. I have a couple of friends who had this done and after 5-6 weeks they felt great. Some days I dont feel like moving off the couch I am so depressed because of the pain. I have had 5 visits to the doctor and 2 ultrasounds since the surgery. For the first 7 weeks after the surgery the only time I went out was to go to the doctor or for an ultrasound. My husband has been wonderful but he is starting to get concerned because of my depression. I am on Paxil and effexor right now and also bextra. My family physician put me on paxil a couple weeks after the surgery because of my depression and on my last visit to my gyno he put me on bextra for the pain and effexor for the hot flashes. The bextra is an anti-inflammatory and I will be on it for 2 weeks on Thursday and the pain has not subsided yet. I know it takes a bit for medication to go through your systerm but I am just praying for relief. I have to go back on April 5th for my 6th visit to the gyno and will find out if I will have to have another surgery to do a nerve block. I am wondering if anyone else has experienced anything like this or if anyone has any information about nerve blocks after hysterectomies. The doctor said sometimes women my age when they have a hysterectomy that their nerves grow back to sensitive and a nerve block is performed to help with the pain. I would just like to be pain free for once in my life. I have been blessed to have a wonderful husband and 2 beautiful little girls who I love more than life itself. I just want to feel whole again and right now there just seems to be NO light at the end of the tunnel. Please anyone I would love some suggestion or any information that you can give to help me out. Thanks for listening and God Bless! Kim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-21-2005, 02:36 PM

Hi (((Kim))),
I'm sorry you are going through so much and feeling so bad. I took Bextra short term after my hyst for pelvic inflammation and it worked wonders. Keep in close contact with your doctor. It sounds as though he is trying to stay on top of your situation. You also have a support system with your family so let them help you through your healing process. Take care and keep in touch.

Unread 03-22-2005, 10:34 AM

Hi (((Karlene))) and thank for very much for the hugs and for your support. My doctor has been wonderful and hasnt had an attitude or been rude to me whenever I have had problems. Which has been a lot since the TAH. I am so lucky to have the support of my husband but my family is another story. The only person who gave me support after my surgery was my sister in law that I really dont get a long with. She was the only one who came and helped me out. And believe me when I say I have a very very big family. That hurt me so much. When a friend told me about this site I was thrilled to know that there are other women going through the same things that I am. It is great to be able to come and vent and find answers to your questions. My husband is supportive but does NOT know what I am going through. When I mention to him that I dont feel like a woman at times he says to me when I had my vascetomy in the summer I didnt feel less of a man. I try and explain that it isnt the same process that I am going through. I had major pieces of my body removed and that can never be changed. I read in an earlier post that some women feel like its a loss. Well I guess I am one of those women right now. But thank you again for this site and for the support. I really do appreciate it.
God Bless and Thanks,
Kim

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register