TAH pain level end of wek 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

pain level end of wek 2 pain level end of wek 2

Unread 08-04-2012, 05:34 AM
pain level end of wek 2

Hi I'm at the end of week 2 and still have alot of pain & tenderness does this seem normal
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-04-2012, 06:04 AM
Re: pain level end of wek 2

I'm close to the end of the third week, and still have pain!! Totally normal.
Unread 08-04-2012, 07:37 AM

I didnt stop taking pain meds til week 6, soooo totally normal. Just rest as much as u can and dont do any lifting or bending.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-04-2012, 08:03 AM

Yes Hun it is very normal I still had pain and a a tender belly at 5 weeks. I asked my gyn about the pain he said it was very normal and u could have pain up to 6 months. He also said if I did I should call him
Unread 08-04-2012, 05:04 PM

I too am on the end of week 2 after TAH/USO and am super tender and sore still. I think that it can be misleading when you read some of the posts here because some of the laprascopic surgeries are way less invasive. I read someone say at 2 weeks they were wlking a mile....holy moly! I am tired if I get up off the couch for half hour! TAH is a large incision surgery and has the longest recovery period. Also a lot of personal factors come into play as well such as, were one or both ovaries removed?, cervix removed?, Were there fibroids or endo that had to be removed?, also...age, weight, etc.

So yes its very normal, just rest and do as much as your body says is ok. DOnt push it. I did once and OUCH did I pay for it!!

Jess
Unread 08-04-2012, 08:11 PM

I am at day 18....still need my percocet to survive! There are some evenings the burning sensation in my tummy is unbearable. My husband calls it my restless time, I can not sit, lay or stand comfortably......My incision goes from my belly button to my pubic bone, I look 6 months prego from the swelling and BELIEVE me, I am ready to be better! I have had to have my pain meds reflled twice......
Unread 08-06-2012, 11:49 PM

I am 11 days post op and still have good bit of pain. I didn't want to call dr for more pain meds, feel I'm being judged or they won't give them to me. How did y'all get your dr to give you more without looking or feeling like a junkie? What do you tell them? Anyone have issues with asking for pain meds and dr giving a hard time? How do respond if given a hard time? I had total abdom with endo and crazy amt of adhesions. Then developed hematomas with internal bleeds. Had to stay 2 extra nights and get 2 bags of blood transfusion. When I saw the dr before discharge he acted like I should be fine.
Unread 08-07-2012, 02:47 AM

It's completely normal. I'm at 5 weeks post op from my TAH and still have pain and tenderness. I have an extremely high tolerence for pain and it has even had me in tears from hurting so bad at times. Week 3 had me feeling like I was back on day 1. I was feeling good and had done too much and paid for it with a week of extreme pain. It has finally calmed down to being bareable with Mortin. Just rest, take it easy, don't do too much, take the pain meds if you need them. Hugs and happy healing!
Unread 08-07-2012, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplelibra View Post
I am 11 days post op and still have good bit of pain. I didn't want to call dr for more pain meds, feel I'm being judged or they won't give them to me. How did y'all get your dr to give you more without looking or feeling like a junkie? What do you tell them? Anyone have issues with asking for pain meds and dr giving a hard time? How do respond if given a hard time? I had total abdom with endo and crazy amt of adhesions. Then developed hematomas with internal bleeds. Had to stay 2 extra nights and get 2 bags of blood transfusion. When I saw the dr before discharge he acted like I should be fine.
As long as you are taking the pain meds as prescribed and not asking for a refill too soon, there shouldn't be a problem with the doctor giving you a script. Call the drs office and tell them you are in pain and that ibuprofen alone is not working at controlling it. You have been through a major surgery and everyone feels pain and heals differently.
Unread 08-07-2012, 05:52 AM

Post-surgical pain is wildly variant. Even some of us with TAH (et.c.) didn't have much trouble with post-surgical pain. I had worse pain about a week post-op from cellulitis than I had from my incision. I can't say I'm completely pain-free - I get twinges and mild bladder/bowel pain. But I felt much worse back in March during a bad attack of cyst pain than I've felt post-surgery.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register