Had pre-op.....now getting sick...help? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Had pre-op.....now getting sick...help? Had pre-op.....now getting sick...help?

Unread 04-06-2006, 12:12 PM
Had pre-op.....now getting sick...help?

Hi Ladies

Had my pre-op & it went well. Seems everything checked out ok & I feel positive as I felt so healthy! However, my kids have been home sick & dh has been hacking all over the house & last night I started feeling like I am getting all the sinus drainage etc. I feel bummed cause I am as ready & prepared for this surgery as I ever will be & would hate to have it cancelled. I did call my family doc & have an appt tomorrow just in case it continues. Not sure what he could do but I feel better knowing I have an appt! Has this happened to anyone else? Were you able to start on something to knock it out of you ? I just tried to take a nap with DD but can't turn off my wondering mind! Thanks for any input!

Tum-e-trouble
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-06-2006, 01:45 PM

Just go tot the doctor like you planned. I know we all are anxious and don't wantt to get sick , so that it can get over with. If you have to buy those disposable masks and wear it, when you go out, or when you are aroind the kids and DH. Explain to them the reason why..I'm sure they will undersatnd. Take some vitamin C too..it helps to build your immune system up.
Unread 04-06-2006, 04:20 PM

If you are getting a virus, I know it will be hard to postpone your surgery but it is the best thing to do. Respiratory illness can cause complications during surgery. I know from a past surgery...I ended up on a respirator for a day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-07-2006, 04:22 PM

What did the doctor say at your appointment??? Have you tried Airborne and/or Zinc lozenges??? Also taking a multi Calcium/Magnesium/Zinc supplement is supposed to help build up your immune systems. Drink plenty of fluids and try and wash the virus out of your system. I'm scheduled for a TAH on April 12th. When is your surgery scheduled for? My prayers are with you!
Linda
Unread 04-08-2006, 03:43 AM

When are you due to go to the castle?

I had a dreadful cold about three weeks beforehand. I took life as easy as possible, stopped exercising to put energy into recovery and hoped for the best. I was Ok by surgery day- but I was so worried a week before!!!

Try to take it as easy as you can.
Unread 04-08-2006, 06:27 AM

Thanks a bunch ladies!

Dr. said I just have my allergies flaring up from the spring warm-up, leaves budding etc! I am just to stay on my allergy meds, lots of fluids & TRY TO RELAX!! :-) I forced myself to go for a walk with DD yesterday as it got unseasonably warm. It did feel good & I think it helped to get my sinuses draining. My DH gave me a wonderful relaxing massage last night & he insisted we watch some funny programs--nothing heavy, & we did our big stock-up grocery trip then went for icecream. My DR. wouldn't prescribe anything to help me sleep but OKed it to take Tylenol pM or Benedryl (I had tried the Benedryl already & it didn't help) I am happy to say I slept well with the Tylenol pM--I am sure all of the diversion with hubby & family helped too! :-)

Lyndi & Marianni--my date is April 12--I am the first surgery of the day! I am nervous but ready to be done!!!

Hugs!

Tum-e-trouble
Unread 04-08-2006, 01:33 PM

You'll be fine- not long now.
Unread 04-09-2006, 11:47 AM

Hi!

Sounds like prayers were answered when the doctor said it was your allergies!!!! We're both going to the castle on the 12th. I wish I was the first surgery of the day, but I'm not scheduled until noon! (Interesting timing of my surgery, it will be 25 years ago that I gave birth to my 2nd daughter on April 12th at noon!)
Continued prayers for you!!!! Looking forward to hearing from you!
Linda (Lindy4Lilacs)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register