Need Someone to Talk To | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Need Someone to Talk To Need Someone to Talk To

Unread 10-15-2009, 10:17 AM
Need Someone to Talk To

I was released to go back to work last Monday after a TAH. Monday I worked a half day, Tuesday and Wednesday a 3/4 day. Today I feel awful so I called and told my boss I would be working from home...several people in my office do this...and got into a ton of trouble. He went on and on about how I was back at work and expected to work at least a full eight hours. Blah, blah, blah.

While I was trying to recover from surgery I had to put my cat of 15 years to sleep, found out I have to find a new place to live in four months, and the State of California is coming after me for income tax on income I earned after I moved away. I have always loved my job and thought it would be my safehaven. Guess not.

Thanks for listening.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-15-2009, 11:12 AM
Re: Need Someone to Talk To

I am sorry to hear you are having so much trouble. I'm sorry to hear about your cat.

Perhaps your boss needs a note from your doctor that says you need to take it easy and working from home one day a week. Your doctor probably would give you the note if you explain how you feel. Your boss may not understand and just be thinking that you liked having time off and want to continue being home. He might just need someone else to point out how it is affecting your health and your doctor is the perfect expert to do that.

As for the taxes you should contact a tax attorney. Fighting the IRS on your own is a nightmare.

Hang in there things will get better.
Unread 10-15-2009, 11:12 AM

Man, I'm sooo sorry to hear what you've gone thru and what you're going thru. I know how heartbreaking it is to lose a pet and that alone would set me way back. You weren't even out very long for your surgery, so it stinks that your boss is being a jerk. I'm really sorry when I hear about people going thru this added kind of stress. Try to take a deep breath and hopefully tomorrow will be a better day. (((HUGS)))

p.s. sorry about the taxes too but my lovely state is in such a mess, apparently they're going to do whatever they can to get $$
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-15-2009, 11:13 AM

Alwaysonthego - sorry you are having a real rough patch, especially having to put down your kitty.
Being from CA myself and seeing half my friends and family looking for work I don't think there is a safe haven in that state. You are not alone. There has to be some kind of support group out there. I will say a prayer you do not lose your job. At least you have 4 mos. notice to move. Now would be a very bad time. I am so sorry you are going thorough all this. Best wishes.
Unread 10-15-2009, 11:57 AM

I think you went back to work too soon. I made the same mistake but my doc said he would give me a letter stating that I needed more time and was under his care. Can you discuss that with your doctor?

The recovery time is hard enough and dealing with those extra stressors makes it very difficult. It gets very overwhelming.

See if you can get some more time off of work and use that time to rest and heal a little more. Things will look much better if you can get that time.

Best wishes!
Unread 10-15-2009, 12:07 PM

Wow.. I can't believe he would complain especially if you can work for home. What's his problem? Oh ya, he's a man and doesn't get it!
My doctor told me to take the full 8 weeks and wrote me a note to that affect as well as told them I would be on modified or light duties.
Reminds me I had better call them again.

good luck and I hope your troubles cease and desist.

So sorry about the kitty too...lost mine last summer. it's hard I know.
Unread 10-15-2009, 01:32 PM

Always -
So, so sorry to hear about your cat.

Re: job - yeah, I think sometimes bosses feel like they have to be really tough to cover their own butts. If we all wore casts around our abdomens after this surgery do ya think people would get it??? All the advice above re: contacting your doctor for a note/statement seems like the best way to go. This also provides you with documentation for your own recordkeeping.

Ah, the State of California ... it's like the KGB! And I agree with Catarina ... our state is flailing and trying to pull in every dollar they can. They'll probably start writing to everyone who ever visited Disneyland to say that there was additional surcharge they forgot to charge them. "Dear Visitor - We forgot to obtain your Mickey tax. Please forward $75 to us immediately."

Hang in there!
Unread 10-15-2009, 01:42 PM

MICKEY TAX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's hysterical! CA is a crazy state, glad I live in Texas!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register