Scheduled LAVH Am I doing the right thing - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Am I  doing the right thing Am I doing the right thing

Unread 04-13-2011, 08:57 PM
Re: Am I doing the right thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakedout View Post
Sisters!

Hiya...youll be so HAPPY!! Swear!
My name was how I felt, scared of unknown..I had a davinci, cervix, uterus and 1 ovary removed..today, 11 weeks later I am wonderful and enjoying life, did the hot tub last night!
I had such horrid bleeding, my life revolved around this for years..now I feel like a new woman! No periods and I feel wonderful!
I listened to the dr..rested and took the full 6 weeks off before returning to work.

Now I understand what the dr said (shes female) when she said "quality of life"..

I know you are scared but I promise you will be the better for it...I never had any surgery ever in my life and at 44 here it is - so I was scared!!!...and I did it, and proud of it too!

So take care, rest and you will be like me one day, assisting other women.
Hugs
Thanks for your reply!

Why was your cervix removed? My Doctor plans to remove uterus and both ovaries.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-14-2011, 10:32 AM
Re: Am I doing the right thing

((((sprouter))))

It all gets so frustrating, doesn't it, when we are stuck in a cycle of pain and elusive answers! Don't you wish there was a one size fits all answer or that we could at least see the end result of each choice?!

Three thoughts came to mind when reading your reply.

One, your surgeon simply didn't recognize or find endometriosis that was present with your last surgery--that does happen--but we can hope that is not the case and endo won't be in the picture!

Two, one thing that can happen for those of us with chronic pain--and I have had it with my upper body--is that even when the source of the pain is removed, the nerves have forgotten how to stop sending pain signals. So, our body continues to "feel" pain even though we had fixed the problem. When I had this issue with a migraine situation, my neurologist gave me steroids to "reset" my system. The first time it didn't work. The second time it did! I was warned about this issue when I was considering when to have my last lap, and after having dealt with it in my head, I didn't want it to happen in my pelvic region! It can require some long term treatment to get everything back in order.

Three, there could be adhesions contributing to the whole mess. Depending on where they are located and what all they are pulling on, they can be very painful!

You know, I wonder if all of the pain is related to the cysts. Do your doctors have any idea why you are having cysts that burst? Could they be the source of all the pain and removing them will be the answer? We can hope, right?!

I would definitely suggest a second opinion before having surgery. Another doctor might have some more ideas about what is causing the pain and how best to alleviate it. I would also recommend working with a neurologist for the migraines. My neuro was finally able to give me some relief by having me use a prophylactic med along with rescue meds when I would have a migraine. Keeping the prophylactic med in my system 24/7 cut down on the number of migraines I was having--hormonal and otherwise.

My definitely goes out to you and I wish you well as you weigh your pros and cons to determine what is right for you! in there and know you have sisters here on the site ready to support you all we can!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register