TAH 4 weeks today and having a hard time... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

4 weeks today and having a hard time... 4 weeks today and having a hard time...

Unread 04-05-2012, 11:54 PM
4 weeks today and having a hard time...

I woke up sick. The start of my terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day...

I saw my doc today. I'm healing well. I did not cause injury with the sneezing, but definitely slowed healing in parts of the incision and the left tube area. He says 2 more weeks before resuming full time work and anything physical. The exam hurt REALLY BAD! I wasn't worried because so many others said it wasn't too bad, but it sucked. I was folded over fighting tears after he left the room. Had to take pain meds when I got home. Ugh.

So I'm cleared to start resuming sexual activity with my hubby slowly, but I feel like I got probed by vicious aliens and our intimate evening had to be postponed. Ugh

Talked to my work after my percocet coma nap and they won't let me come back part time. I'll be back to full duty day 1. I am a retail store manager at a candy store and it will be impossible to take it easy. So do I go back full time a week early or take the full 2 more weeks? I need the money and my store needs me, but my 40-50 hour weeks are intimidating right now. Doc says wait but I don't know if I can. So stressful... Ugh.

Just a bad day overall. I'm going to bed (hopefully) and hiding in the covers all day tomorrow and not coming out until today is far enough away.

Thanks for letting me vent...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-06-2012, 12:05 AM
Re: 4 weeks today and having a hard time...

Oh man...Sorry it's been such a rough day

You know, I had a 2 week post-op internal exam today and I was SO scared, because I just knew it would hurt. But I felt no pain at all. It's weird because my L side is so, so sore still and my incision opened on the L side as well, but the palpation (and I braced for it, even had tears of fear starting in my eyes...I was truly, truly scared!) was painless and I was shocked!

What I'm saying is that the pain you describe can't be okay! Did your doc know it was that hard on you? I'd never consider sex if my exam had any pain at all. Did you tell the nurse or anybody? Just seems not okay to me is all.

About work - take the time off. Your apprehension is enough reason. Take care of yourself first!

Wish I could wave a magic wand for you - I really do. Rest up and take care. Hugs.
Unread 04-06-2012, 12:09 AM

He was aware how much pain I was in. I was scooting up the table. We really needed to check for possible internal damage, so I understand it had to be thorough. The worst part was pushing on the abdominal incision from inside my vagina. Ouchie!

He says 2 more weeks for all of the stitches to dissolve. No full intercourse till then.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-06-2012, 12:18 AM

Ready2Rock. ime so sorry u had such a terrible exam today...i am also 4wks post op today. i heard as well that the exam would not hurt if you have a gentle doc. and so today i had appt too and he was supposed to do a swab test, but then he said we might as well wait until next week as the lab is closed tomorrow and through the weekend anyhow. So i await the inevitable.... and actually he said he would be careful to take the swab test so i hope he is.. and i understand financial strain, but please dont rush going back to work, especially since you have had a setback from your doc appt...please be at rest and let yourself heal before you go back to work...ime supposed to go back to work in 2wks as well and not sure how thats going to go as i have diff jobs, but ime going to take it easy even tho yes i could use the money too...Take care of yourself...Peace be with you
Unread 04-06-2012, 12:22 AM
4 weeks today and having a hard time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ready2Rock View Post
He was aware how much pain I was in. I was scooting up the table. We really needed to check for possible internal damage, so I understand it had to be thorough. The worst part was pushing on the abdominal incision from inside my vagina. Ouchie!

He says 2 more weeks for all of the stitches to dissolve. No full intercourse till then.
Well the good news is there's no damage. I still feel terrible for you having to endure that Please take care of yourself and keep us posted on how you're doing. Peace.
Unread 04-06-2012, 04:12 AM

I am so sorry you had such a difficult exam. I would continue to take it easy and not push yourself too much before your body is ready. It will let you know when you are doing to much and please listen to those warning signs.
Take Care.
Unread 04-06-2012, 12:56 PM

Thanks, ladies! I am in better spirits today. I'm in bed today even though I feel ok. Still working out what to do about work, but I am putting myself first no matter what.
Unread 04-06-2012, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ready2Rock View Post
Thanks, ladies! I am in better spirits today. I'm in bed today even though I feel ok. Still working out what to do about work, but I am putting myself first no matter what.
Glad to hear that you are putting yourself first!! Yay!!
Unread 04-06-2012, 03:25 PM

Sounds like you need more time off. That stinks they wont let you come back part time!
Unread 04-06-2012, 04:30 PM

I had my 4 weeks exam yesterday. Just before he started I asked him is this going to hurt? And he said. I hope not! It wasn't too bad but definitely uncomfortable. I told him much more and he was going to shoot me off the table. I squirmed and backed away at times. I asked him if that was normal to hurt like that and he said yes. But now I know it is healed well, and I'm not as worried about sex like I was before. I was very sore yesterday and I still am today. It isn't real painful, just uncomfortable. He poked around on the outside around the incision. I thought why have I been so careful! I know why, but gee! My doc is a good guy, I appreciate him putting up with me telling him what I really think!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register