New to HS, Hysterectomy in 2 weeks | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

New to HS, Hysterectomy in 2 weeks New to HS, Hysterectomy in 2 weeks

Unread 04-13-2011, 08:35 PM
New to HS, Hysterectomy in 2 weeks

Hello. I posted for the first time 2 weeks ago that I'm 37 years old and had the dx "atypical endometrial hyperplasia, cannot exclude well differentiated adenocarcinoma" I saw my gyno/onco for the first time and he is the absolute best in our area.Given todays exam and everything else I will be having a robotic lsc hyst bso (thats what I can read on this form) in 2 weeks.
We found this while doing fertility treatments and we are shocked and saddened because we will never have our own baby and at this time we are turned off by adoption (seems near impossible). The thought of family is thrown out the window there!
Anyway I want to ask if any of you ladies had lymphedema after your surgery, and any other post op health issues. I'm really terrified because other than one D+C I have never had a surgery and I don't know what I'm in for. I don't know how to wrap my mind around this ands I guess do not know how to cope with the finality of my infertility.
Please share your experience with me and I'm really grateful again to have found HS.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-14-2011, 06:05 AM
Re: New to HS, Hysterectomy in 2 weeks

Although I can't give you a ton of advice.... but I will try to comfort you
I am 38 & going in for a hysterectomy next month. I do have 1 child (she is almost 11) and we have never tried again, but haven't exactly haven't tried since she was born. I don't know that I can/could have any more either - but it came to the point that my quality of life isn't what it should be due to all my bleeding, cramping, nausia, etc.
I have to say initially I was upset that the option of kids (or for me, more kids) was being taken away - but now I have put my mentality to "I am happily married, good life, fairly heathy (nothing too serious anyways)". We can travel, love life, etc. But I do have 1 child & can't completely compare my life to yours.
I have always been told to check with your OB/Gyn to see if they ever come across a young mother that doesn't want to keep their child - maybe they can think of you & introduce the 2 of you & you can set up a private adoption. I don't want to get your hopes up - but its worth a try.... don't expect anything so you won't be disappointed - but when you are mentally there, maybe you can ask. ???
Good luck & keep your chin up. I know its a huge disappointment - but there are always options when you are mentally ready to open up to them!! It may take awhile...
Unread 04-14-2011, 07:32 AM
Re: New to HS, Hysterectomy in 2 weeks

I completely (almost) understand how you feel. I'm 35 ---- We have tried to 9 yrs to have a baby, we have tried everything up until IVF, including donor sperm when we found out hubby's reversal has since closed up. I am struggling with the feelings of not having my own biological child BUT I am choosing to have a quality of life instead of continuing to put myself through anymore treatments. Not to mention that the yrs of fertility meds has made my endo & PCOS worse then ever & has probably increased the odds for cancer with my strong history of uterine/ovarian cancer.....

We did just adopt a precious little 4 yr old boy ---- we weren't pursuing adoption but my sister (she was his foster parent) decided to only adopt his little sister & we wanted to adopt him. I am thankful everyday that he is in my life & that really has started to make me think that maybe I am one of the ones that is not meant to have a biological child.

I hope that you can find peace & comfort in your decision & know that you are not alone -
Jenny

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register