weird dreams after surgery? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

weird dreams after surgery? weird dreams after surgery?

Unread 05-21-2006, 12:13 PM
weird dreams after surgery?

This is my first post. This website has been my best friend with lots of crying, sleepless nights! Heres the question: Is anyone out there having dreams and achieving orgasms? This happened to me last night and it was really weird, kind of scary.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-21-2006, 12:24 PM

Hi I'm glad you decided to post. Welcome! Yes, many women have weird dreams, including sexual ones which may or may not result in orgasm, after surgery. For me, they did stop after a few weeks, but for a while there I had some very odd dreams indeed.

I think a lot of times our dreams are a release of tensions we are carrying around during the day but can't quite articulate. For example: I had bladder repairs with my hyst, and had a catheter for the first week at home. I guess this was weighing heavily on my mind during the day and would come out in my dreams. One night, I was sleeping peacefully... suddenly I realized I was dreaming about sitting on the toilet and urinating! Perhaps this was because it was something I wasn't able to do at that time. Anyway, as the dream continued, I remember reaching for the TP... and waking up to find I was lying in bed, holding my cat's tail in my hand! He had this look on his face like, "Oh yeah? And what exactly are you planning to do with that?" It was priceless.

I wouldn't worry too much about the dreams. I kind of miss them, they were entertaining.

s,
-Linda
Unread 05-21-2006, 12:29 PM
Thanks!

That is so funny about the cat! I was having a very lustfull dream about my husband. The orgasm was was different than b4 surgery. It was still enjoyable, but will it hurt me?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-21-2006, 12:32 PM

It's hard to know since we're not your DRs but at almost two weeks out from surgery, it's probably fine. If it makes you sore, I'd call your DR's office and ask - I'm sure they've heard it before.

s,
-Linda
Unread 05-21-2006, 12:59 PM

I haven't had any dreams about sex but I sure have had some strange dreams. I had one the other night that I had started my period, and it was a horrendous one too! I was so glad to wake up and realize that I will never have to deal with that issue in my awake life again!
Unread 05-21-2006, 01:07 PM

I must of had a boring recovery, no dreams here. Linda, that is so funny, poor kitty. , Carol
Unread 05-21-2006, 06:52 PM

That happened to me too...had an orgasm during sleep, woke up and actually felt a little relieved to know I still could! Someone posted a thread some time ago (a week or two) about this and there were a lot of responses saying it happened to them also. So, I'm thinking it must be a common thing and maybe one of the several things the mind is working on after going through a hysterectomy. It was so funny to hear it from someone else, I thought it was odd for me and couldn't help but smile when I read about it happening to others.
Unread 05-21-2006, 07:06 PM

I have had orgasms in my sleep before my surgery but not that often. I have had about 3 in my sleep since my surgery. I hope it will be that easy when I am awake! I have my Dr appt Wed. I hope all goes well!
Unread 05-21-2006, 07:50 PM

I had that happen to me at about 2 weeks post-op. It's not anything to worry about, but I guess you could ask your doctor about it. It's not like we can really control what happens in our dreams, you know. I just enjoy it when it happens.
Unread 05-21-2006, 08:10 PM

I had an out-of-body expereince within a dream...don't ask me.....it's wayyyy to complicated to even try to explain. It's about the weirdest craziest dream/experience I ever had!

Plenty of raised libido but sadly no orgasmic dreams here!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register