Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Sep 04-Sep 10,2017 - Page 23 | Hysterectomy Recovery Reports | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Sep 04-Sep 10,2017 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Sep 04-Sep 10,2017

Unread 09-25-2017, 11:43 AM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Sep 04-Sep 10,2017

Thank You for replying. I hope I am worrying for nothing. Just shocked I guess. I wasn't expecting a light period after all this...I had a catheter in for 9 days due to my bladder getting ripped away from some scar tissue but my surgery and recovery have gone so well I was hoping to be done with all this. Wishful thinking apparently Heal well
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-25-2017, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corduroys View Post
I just had my 2 week appt on Friday and my doc asked if I had seen any blood "yet" - meaning it was coming at some point. I haven't after day 2, but sounds like I will? Anyway just that comment made me feel like it would be normal if I saw some.
I had my surgery on 9/8 and haven't had any bleeding yet...
Unread 09-25-2017, 11:50 AM

Hello Corduroys, That's what I was looking for as well, confirmation that it is normal. I had my two week check up and had very little spotting up until now. I was seriously hoping I was past the pad days, haha! Hope you are healing well, take care
Unread 09-25-2017, 01:17 PM

ladies and Llk6765,

It is good to have you join us. And also hope you get that call back from Dr's office, soon. Don't be too patient if you are worried. It is their job to answer these questions and help you heal the best you can. Will try and respond to the concern below for you and your sisters here. Please remember I am not a medical professional.

So on the discussion of blood. First let me say if there is enough blood to fill a pad an hour don't delay go to the ER and have it checked out. There can be several reasons for it and some could need taking care of. The bleeding which Cords Dr might be referring to is a little that shows up as the stitches begin to dissolve. And usually shows as a bit of spotting on panties, pad, or paper when you wipe. Stitches can last a long time depending on what type the Dr decided to use. I had one sister who had no spotting at all until 12 weeks. Needless to say she was concerned but turned out it was pretty normal. Some sisters also see blood that looks more like discharge at different stages during healing. I had spotting that ranged from red to pink and beige to brownish. It was also on and off during my whole first 8 weeks. This really depends on what was done during surgery. There can be pockets of residual blood that seeps out instead of absorbing. Hope this makes sense.

Hugs to all,
Anndy
Unread 09-25-2017, 02:09 PM

The only time I had any spotting was a few days right after surgery.
Nothing since then.
Unread 09-25-2017, 03:47 PM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Sep 04-Sep 10,2017

Well I am a day shy of being at my 3 week mark. If I had not had my surgery I would have start my period yesterday. I have been like clock work as far as start date for the past 3 years. No spotting or bleeding since the day after my surgery (which was only about as much as after a pap). I am hoping that there will not be any, as my doctor told me that she thinks she managed to get everything carterized and that I hopefully I won't experience any if not in those first few days.

I have spent today just resting and reading after a busy weekend. No real pain anymore just residual stinging and a deep ache down deep where they took the lymph nodes from. My appointment with the oncologist is tomorrow so hopefully I will have good news to share tomorrow afternoon. I have been kind of nervous because I figured if everything came back clear she would have just called and let me know. Fingers crossed and prayers sent up.

Happy recovery all. and keep on keeping on.
Unread 09-25-2017, 04:21 PM

Prayers for a good report from your doctor!
Unread 09-25-2017, 05:57 PM

Thank You all for your words...hearing others stories puts my mind at ease, so greatly appreciate it. HAPPY HEALING!
Unread 09-25-2017, 08:02 PM

Had my first post-op appointment today (2 1/2 weeks), incisions are healing well. Doctor won't do an internal exam until the 6 week mark. I'm so relieved that I opted for the hysterectomy. What we thought was a fibroid was actually adenomyosis. I started having second thoughts about the hysterectomy right before, because when we got the last test results back, the doc said the fibroid was deep in my uterine wall, so it wasn't the cause of my heavy bleeding, likely just the pain/cramps. Some friends thought I should do the ablation, but I knew it wouldn't stop the "fibroid" from growing and because of my family history with fibroids, I just decided I had suffered enough and wanted to be done. Now I know for sure that the heavy bleeding and pain was all because of this adenomyosis and an ablation wouldn't have fixed it, it likely would have kept spreading. It just is such a relief to feel like I made the right decision!
I also asked my doc about when I could start taking baths again and she said I could do it now. I thought it was kind of early, has anyone else been ok'd to take baths?
Unread 09-25-2017, 08:32 PM

Linz,

So glad all is well and you made the right decision. Sure do like having these good path reports. Some Drs allow baths early and some have patients wait until the 8 week mark. I really don't know why. So I guess it is up to you. I very rarely take one so it wasn't an issue for me but have had many sister who take one as soon as their Dr says it's ok.

Hugs,
Anndy

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register