new bleeding 2 wks after surgery | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

new bleeding 2 wks after surgery new bleeding 2 wks after surgery

Unread 06-15-2009, 04:50 AM
new bleeding 2 wks after surgery

Hi everyone. First, I just want to say that I am so grateful to have found Hystersisters. I am on this site everyday gathering information and support. I feel like I have a sister in each woman on here!
I had my hysterectomy on June 1st. Vaginal, ovaries left in. There hasn't been a day yet that I felt good enough to go without pain meds, but I do notice the pain less and less. This morning I woke up really crampy in the abdomin and when I used the bathroom, had some bright red blood. Not alot, but I have not had blood in over a week! I have resumed some activities this last week...unloading the dishwasher, picking up and carrying chldren, and picking up toys off the floor.
My doctor is on vacation and will be back tomorrow. Would it be okay, in your opinions, if I waited until he got back to call him about this or do I need to call his "back up" doctor today? I am guessing that I just maybe did too much yesterday and it's not a big deal. What would you ladies do?

Jackie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-15-2009, 05:57 AM
Re: new bleeding 2 wks after surgery

I think that I would just check in with the on call doctor today.. Just to be on the safe side.
Unread 06-15-2009, 08:45 AM

Give the "back up" doc a call today. It's probably from overdoing, but you want to be on the safe side. I was told not to lift anything heavier than a gallon of milk for the first 8 weeks. I couldn' imagine lifting a small child.

Remember to Pamper the Princess!!

TVH 31 Jul 08
"normal" organs behaving badly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-19-2009, 10:37 AM

OH my, I am having the SAME problem...only I have been careful and have not lifted anything heavy. I only had minor spotting after a TAHSBO last Monday...for about a day. Not a trace of blood since. Then, about an hour ago, I went to the bathroom and discovered very bright red blood. I came on here to see if anyone else has had this problem... I have a post-op appt. on Monday. I will wait and see if it gets any worse. If it does, I will call the doc before then.
Unread 06-19-2009, 12:51 PM

I am having the same issue. My Doc said to expect "spotting" at this point from disolving stiches. My doc also not availble so I am going to wait to talk to her. The spotting seemed to stop after a while and was linked to BM. I also had bright blood which frightened me. I think that is what spotting might be? I am using panty shields and they were enough so I think I was the color not amount that scared me. If anyone has any other advice-- Has anyone else had this who is passed that stage?
Unread 06-21-2009, 01:24 PM

Well, I spent the past three days having fresh bleeding every morning, when using the bathroom. Also, have severe stomach pain episodes. I went to the ER today, and they did a vaginal exam and took blood and said they didn't think it was anything to worry about right now...but that if it started again, to come back. Well, I just explained how it happened every morning, past three mornings, I went in, and they didn't do anything...so why go back? Hmmmm... I see my doc tomorrow.
Unread 06-25-2009, 04:55 AM

I went to the doc on Monday. He didn't seem too concerned. He asked me if I thought it was like "having a period"...as far as amount goes. I said "yes". He did an exam, also, and said everything looked okay. He did say that if it increases, to let him know. It is STILL happening, and is definitely in correlation with bm's. So, who knows. I guess we'll see how long this lasts...
Unread 06-25-2009, 10:23 AM

I had that too, no bleeding or spotting until almost three weeks and then it started, most every time I went to the bathroom for whatever reason, wipe and it would be red/pink. Sometimes the water in the bowl would be quite pink also. A little scary. It was never enough to cause me to break out a pad, tho, just pantiliners.

I had a post-op visit with my doc, she did an internal exam at almost three weeks and said not to worry, everything looked fine and it was stitches coming loose.

Since then I haven't had any spotting.

Luna

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register