TVH CIN 2 found in cervix - Page 2 | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

CIN 2 found in cervix CIN 2 found in cervix

Unread 03-16-2014, 11:36 AM
Re: CIN 2 found in cervix

Ladies, I am so sorry you are going through this. I have been battling the same issues. For those of you who have been told you no longer need Pap tests please consider either talking to your doctors or finding a new one. If you have had abnormal paps and/or hpv in your history you should still get Pap tests for possible vaginal cancers. The hysterectomy only took care of your risk of cervical cancer. I know it's scary but the only way we can be preventative is to have these tests and take care of our health. Make sure you feel confident in your doctors care.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-16-2014, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen12 View Post
I have been dealing with this same issue for years and just hada hysterectomy due to dysplasia. After my last colposcopy my results were abnormal. And truthfully, my doctor took several sample and only one area came back abnormal. That are was higher in the cervix. I was offered another cone biopsy or hysterectomy. I chose the hysterectomy because I had been dealing with this for 10 years. After my hysterectomy my pathology came back severe dysplasia. So I made the right choice. After my post op appointments I will receive a pap every 4 to 6 months and if one comes back abnormal I will go to a gynecologist oncologist. If you have high risk hpv you are still at risk for vaginal cancer in the vagina or in the cuff and vulva cancer. The swab the area just like they would the cervix. The risks are lower than cervical, but still there. Please find and oncologist that is better educated on that treatment..
my pathology there was no dysplasia, we got it all with the leep last year. I had the hysterectomy for heavy bleeding but he took the cervix cos of the hpv. I will definitely ask at my next follow up about paps. but he has said that i will need no more, just a yearly checkup. Maybe because the difference in pathology findings with regard to dysplasia?
Unread 03-16-2014, 12:42 PM

Maybe, I hope all goes well with your care! I had my leep 8 years ago and had normal paps with positive hpv for 5 years after the procedure. Til last year when it came back abnormal. After the colposcopy results I was just concerned about the length of time I was positive for hpv and since I have had my children I opted for the hysterectomy. Hpv is a stressful disease to carry and I am glad to have a thorough doctor. I wish you the best with your recovery and like I said I pray that regular exams are in all our futures.
Unread 03-16-2014, 04:58 PM

(((UndecidedWI))) I'm sorry you're dealing with these issues, but it does sound like things were caught early which is very good (if somewhat unexpected) news. As others have said, it is standard protocol to continue "pap" (vaginal vault) smears following a hysterectomy, if cancer/pre-cancer/dysplasia was involved. Be sure to get copies of your path reports, etc., so you'll have them for your own reference.

I also wanted to invite you to check over on our Cancer Concerns forum for information and discussions which might be helpful. We cover everything there from abnormal paps to actual cancer and beyond. If you do some forum searches there, you should be able to find quite a few discussions on the topic of HPV, CIN2, etc.

Sending hugs and positive thoughts for a smooth recovery and good health moving forward!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register