Increased pain 18 days post hysterectomy?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Increased pain 18 days post hysterectomy?? Increased pain 18 days post hysterectomy??

Unread 07-27-2016, 06:21 AM
Increased pain 18 days post hysterectomy??

I had a robotic total hysterectomy on 7/7. My recovery has been unremarkable. I've been off prescription meds for several days. Yesterday I started having more discomfort near my umbilical incision, to the right and down a couple of inches from the incision. Today it's extremely painful. I left a message for my dr. Has anyone ever had this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-27-2016, 05:12 PM
Re: Increased pain 18 days post hysterectomy??

I've not had that exact pain. The general guideline is that any new and/or intense pains ought to be checked out by your doctor, so you did the right thing by calling - medical staff will know the right questions to ask. Did you hear back? How are you feeling this evening?

I had laparo surgery with 4 incisions. I've got what I believe is a deep muscle bruise between my left and umbilical incisions that I've noticed since the beginning, and at 10 weeks is still there... gradually getting better. I notice it most when I lie on the floor on my stomach or lean against a counter at the right height. Also, on the right side is the ascending colon, and sometimes I've noticed bowel issues as they start up (ie. particularly "rocky" digestion); eventually those end up on the left side as the "issue" travels. If it's that, drink plenty of water along with fibrous foods and foods with magnesium (whole grains, dark leafy greens, nuts, seeds, dried fruits, prune juice).

Other than that, healing is a process that occurs in stages rather than a straight line. Earlier scar tissue gets replaced by newer scar tissue, and when the earlier stuff dissolves, we're likely to feel zaps and zingers. It's a process that occurs again and again throughout healing. Could be that you're in one of those transitions right now.
Hope you're feeling better, do update us!
Unread 07-28-2016, 07:13 AM
Increased pain 18 days post hysterectomy??

So my dr wanted to see me yesterday. She thinks that driving may have caused a flare up in the muscles on the right side. She wants me to take tylenol scheduled every 6 hours for the next week to stay on top of pain. She assured me that I did nothing wrong to cause this and that everything "feels" normal. It's really frustrating because I've been so good about not overdoing things.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register