Irritated...embarassed!! DH told everyone! - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Irritated...embarassed!! DH told everyone! Irritated...embarassed!! DH told everyone!

Unread 02-21-2005, 09:16 AM
Irritated...embarassed!! DH told everyone!

I thought I was the only one who felt that way....

I hadn't even told my Mom, and my DH had called his dentist and Doc to talk to them about it. - I know the dentist sounds strange, but he is an extremely bright guy and we have become friends of both him and his wife over the years.

I think the comment that they need a support system is true as well. But I was ashamed about the surgery I need as well. I am suppose to be the strong one, the one who takes care of people. Not the other way around.

I deal with clients and me being off will effect them, and telling the first couple was really hard, but it got easier to say Hysterectomy as it goes on. Being open with them lets them know that I will be out and not available so calling on the cell phone with a "quick questions" is out of the question for the first three weeks.

I have told them they can e-mail and I will look at the e-mails as I feel up to it. Most have been exteremely understanding. Only one said TMI, and that I was going to be out for surgery was all he needed to know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-21-2005, 10:19 AM

Your FIL makes me :burning:!! What a vulgar, insensitive thing to say! Maybe we should just feel sorry for your MIL!!

My surgery is next Monday--and I am beginning to feel the urge to shop!! Constantly!!

s,

Gillian
Unread 02-21-2005, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Peach1

My ML has the competive illness syndrome.. brace your self and stand your ground when you tell your mother. This is not about her its about you.
Oh my gosh - you mean they have a NAME for this!! CIS - I love it! My mother has it BAD!! I too didn't want to tell her, just to listen to her go on and on about her surgeries. Surprisingly, although she left to go camping the day before surgery - she was actually a bit more understanding about this surgery, then other surgeries I've had. But she did schedule her knee replacement surgery immediately after hearing about my surgery - she had it in November, and we're STILL hearing about it!!. Infact, she had me over helping HER, four weeks after my surgery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-21-2005, 11:11 AM

Gillian -
My FIL makes me angry too, he is one of those that thinks he is making fun in a fun way - only there is no such thing!!

My MIL is a doll and she just puts him in his place!! He knows better than to try that crap around her - she would have drug him out of there by his ear!!! She may be a very small woman - but that is just the outside view!!!

I want to shop too, all of the sudden I think of more and more things I need!! I have to wait tho, we will be in the city where I am having it done the whole day before my surgery - I have a 9 am pre-op apt. then the rest of the day is mine to do what I want - and its gonna be SHOP!!!
Can't travel back home - too far - so Im gonna shop til I drop - Im afraid my list is going to be huge by then!!!

Then Im going to relax in the hot tub at the motel, and spend the last pre-op night w/ my hubbie!!
Unread 02-21-2005, 02:41 PM

OOOh! Hot tub sounds wonderful!!
Don't shop for things you need: only for things you dont need!!

Gillianxx

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register