SAH Please HELP! aches and pains 5 months post hysterectomy | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Please HELP! aches and pains 5 months post hysterectomy Please HELP! aches and pains 5 months post hysterectomy

Unread 03-14-2014, 04:01 PM
Please HELP! aches and pains 5 months post hysterectomy

Hi Sisters
I am driving myself crazy, seriously I am from little aches and pains that I keep having. I have been having a sort of dull ache in my right hip. Sometimes it gets painful and then I take an anti-inflammatory and that seems to help for two days or more.
I went to my doctor and had an ultra sound and he said.. everything looked good and it was proberly my colon, because on the ultra scan the colon appeared full and inflamed, so he gave me stool softeners. But, the dull ache has not gone yet. I am starting to get SO neurotic, I am even thinking it is my appendix now..
Please HELP me stop been so anxious and tell me this is normal to still have aches and pains at 5 months post op, or not?
I still have my ovaries and cervix.

Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-14-2014, 05:47 PM
Re: Please HELP! aches and pains 5 months post op

anyone
Unread 03-14-2014, 07:07 PM

Hi I had a tah. Exactly one year ago. I had little aches and pains all throughout this year. Nothing major but little twinges now and then. It's weird feeling.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-14-2014, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutmeg23 View Post
Hi I had a tah. Exactly one year ago. I had little aches and pains all throughout this year. Nothing major but little twinges now and then. It's weird feeling.
Thank you for answering. yes very weird. I am hoping by month 8, at least, my aches and pains would have died down.
Unread 03-14-2014, 07:37 PM
Please HELP! aches and pains 5 months post hysterectomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyAnn View Post
Thank you for answering. yes very weird. I am hoping by month 8, at least, my aches and pains would have died down.
I had pain and thought about my appendix also. Then I remembered they removed my appendix during my hysterectomy. Lol. I kept my ovaries and still sometimes get those ovulation pains. At least that is what it feels like!
Unread 03-14-2014, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutmeg23 View Post
I had pain and thought about my appendix also. Then I remembered they removed my appendix during my hysterectomy. Lol. I kept my ovaries and still sometimes get those ovulation pains. At least that is what it feels like!
lol! I wish they had taken my appendix. I have those ovulation pains, but as time goes by they seem to be not so bad.
Unread 03-14-2014, 07:46 PM

Take a look at the psoas muscle . Sometimes it flares up after these surgeries. A lot of muscles get pulled and tugged.
Unread 03-16-2014, 02:12 PM
Re: Please HELP! aches and pains 5 months post hysterectomy

Thank you for explaining about that muscle. Going tomorrow to my GP. Hopefully a CT scan will be done
Unread 03-16-2014, 03:21 PM
Re: Please HELP! aches and pains 5 months post hysterectomy

I am relatively young but still have more aches and pains now than I can count. It's like I'm an 80 year old lady sometimes. I have been taking mobic for joint pain and muscle aches since pretty early on and it's helped a lot. Unfortunately I've recently started thinking that that's also the cause of my trouble sleeping. I have a really sharp pain about 2-3 inches directly to the right of my belly button and I swear it's my appendix BUT it was doing it before surgery and they didn't remove it so I guess it looked fine. I don't know what that is.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register