SAH 4 days post hysterectomy: Burning tearing feeling in groin area when standing | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

4 days post hysterectomy: Burning tearing feeling in groin area when standing 4 days post hysterectomy: Burning tearing feeling in groin area when standing

Unread 09-06-2014, 04:25 PM
4 days post hysterectomy: Burning tearing feeling in groin area when standing

I know I'm only 4 days post - op so pain is expected but since the 2nd day I've been getting this excruciating burning/tearing feeling in my left groin area about 5 minutes after I stand up. It's not at the incision site but down where the underwear leg band would hit (the leg fold). As soon as I sit down the pain ends. When it hurts, touching the area is enough to make me pass out but when I'm sitting I can touch the area with no pain. Percocet does nothing to help.

I'm thinking maybe it's a muscle or tendon issue? Anyone have any ideas? I need some relief! I've tried heat and ice and neither seem to help. When I told my surgeon he said "pain is normal." This level of pain doesn't seem normal. I also can't get up for more than 5 minutes which I'm afraid will impact my overall recovery. And it makes things like showering and brushing my teeth difficult. Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-06-2014, 04:30 PM
Re: Burning tearing feeling in groin area when standing

I'm sorry you're feeling some uncomfortable pain! I don't know what it could be but I wanted to let you know my first 4 days I could barely stand for five minutes too. I'd get up to do a lap in the kitchen because I knew I was supposed to be walking but I'd get so tired and feel so much pressure I'd go collapse in bed again. My first 2 showers were tough I was really shaky and exhausted. I'm almost two weeks now and took a nice long shower today with no problems, it gets better!! Rest up, 4 days is early
Unread 09-06-2014, 04:57 PM

I had something similar to this but for me it happened if I sat more than 5 minutes and I got it in both legs. I still don't know what causes that. Perhaps it's the position we were put in during surgery? We are in an unnatural position and for some women the surgery lasts hours. This can throw off our hips, back and pull muscles, etc.

Pain so bad you feel like passing out is serious. Since your doctor didn't give you any advice you may consider going to the ER. If you're having concerns for your safety it's best to be safe. I hope it passes soon and you feel better!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-06-2014, 06:02 PM
4 days post hysterectomy: Burning tearing feeling in groin area when standing

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermaidin View Post
I know I'm only 4 days post - op so pain is expected but since the 2nd day I've been getting this excruciating burning/tearing feeling in my left groin area about 5 minutes after I stand up. It's not at the incision site but down where the underwear leg band would hit (the leg fold). As soon as I sit down the pain ends. When it hurts, touching the area is enough to make me pass out but when I'm sitting I can touch the area with no pain. Percocet does nothing to help.

I'm thinking maybe it's a muscle or tendon issue? Anyone have any ideas? I need some relief! I've tried heat and ice and neither seem to help. When I told my surgeon he said "pain is normal." This level of pain doesn't seem normal. I also can't get up for more than 5 minutes which I'm afraid will impact my overall recovery. And it makes things like showering and brushing my teeth difficult. Thanks in advance!
You are very early out. I had the same groin fears. I felt as tho I maby injured it or something else was wrong. I was getting a little scared. So at my next doc visit he explained to me how he had to pull that myscle so far apart to get to everything. I had an abdominal bikini incision. I still naturaly had some fears for awile. But after some time it just went away. So give it some time. It just takes time. Be patient and try not to worry too much. It will all get better. Im going into my 5th month recovery. U had all removed. Im doing good. I can tell my nerves are trying to grow back cuz im stil getting those pinches and twinges. And now my incision is in its itching phase! Best wishes you have a good recovery. From a Tx hyst sis
Unread 09-06-2014, 06:48 PM

Thanks ladies! I had a feeling it was something muscle related but I hadn't considered that that area had been stretched intentionally or positionally. I know I'm really early but I'm feeling fantastic except for this groin issue. Don't want to overdo it but feel like I should at least be able to brush my teeth without a break.
Sent my daughter over to the store to pick up some icy hot. Hoping that will help. Certainly can't hurt!
Thanks again! I don't know what I would do without this site!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register