New to this... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

New to this... New to this...

Unread 05-06-2002, 06:59 PM
New to this...

Hi. I've been looking through this *wonderful* site now for over a week and finally got the courage up to join! I've never done this type of thing before, but I feel like I need a sounding board. I was always worried that I'd just be and outsider and just not fit in (and am actually still pretty nervous about that). But it seems like this surgery is all I seem to be thinking about, and it's so reassuring to know there are others out there possibly going through the same things. So I'm going to ramble now...
I'm having a TAH/BSO (possibly--he said he'd try to save my left ovary if it's not too bad). I'm so nervous! I've had surgeries before, but this one just seems so much bigger.
The waiting is just awful! Surgery was decided upon on April 23rd, and the days just seem to be dragging by till "the day".
I've gotten my will and advanced directive in order, and am working on getting my house in order now! I've arranged childcare and am trying to get my job stuff caught up and ahead of the game so I won't have a huge disaster to clean up. I bought a big box of popsicles (those pop-ice things--which are wonderful for me when I'm nauseous just feeling puny) for post-surgery, and have done a few other things here and there. But I feel like there's just so much more I need to do but just can't think of!
Wow--I wrote a lot! Sorry about that--but thank you for being there for me to vent to.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-06-2002, 07:02 PM
New to this...

Hi Kelly! Welcome to Hyster Sisters!!

We are glad you are here!

Please read the pull-down menus on the main page. www.hystersisters.com There is a lot of good information that helped me out tons! They can help you figure out what questions to ask at your pre-op appt. and what to take with you to the castle.

Sara
Unread 05-06-2002, 07:36 PM
Hi Kelly

Welcome to Hystersisters.

I'm so glad you have joined us as a Lady in Waiting. (Seems like all I've done is wait! Maybe I'll just be a perpetual Lady in Waiting.) You've come to the right place for information and support. Please don't be afraid to ask questions and post. We're all in the same boat here and can relate probably better than anyone else you'll talk to.

I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

s to you!

Lisa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-06-2002, 10:04 PM
New to this...

Hi Kelly!

Welcome to the site! I too had a long wait and it was hard. You will hear it said again and again - the waiting is the hardest part! I ditto what was said about the pull down menus on the home page - they were a great help.

Think about buying the HysterSister book too. It has a lot of additional information and fun stories - I still refer to it occassionally.

Also - join us in the chat room for real time help and support. The chat room is open 24/7, but monitored by HysterSister Chat Team members from 11-1 CST and 8-10 PM CST. It's a lot of fun and you'll find lots of new buddies.

One other hint - try to find someone having surgery the same day or right around your day. Not only are they dear friends of mine now, they were a BIG help in the days leading up to and after the surgery. We held each other up, and bounced ideas and questions off each other.

Best wishes! One other thing - don't hesitate to post a question - any question. That's why we are all here!

Hugs,
Unread 05-06-2002, 11:57 PM
Hi Kelly

Welcome to Hystersisters So glad you decided to post.

See you fit in already. That wasn't too tough was it? We have many different types of women here I am sure. But, we are all walking this path together and offering each other support wherever we can. We all make a difference to each other.

Please read alot. What you learn will bring you alot of confidence and peace of mind. And keep posting!

Unread 05-07-2002, 04:37 AM
My two cents

I too want to welcome you here. This board has helped me immensely. I have a whole book of questions, drugs, and procedures as ammo when I see my dr tomorrow. YIKES!
tomorrow. I hope I get a op date then.

Again, Welcome - pull up a chair, put up your feet,
grab your cup of java or whatever and join in this wonderful group of women.
Unread 05-07-2002, 05:56 AM
Welcome!

Hi there,
As I am sure you can see, many of us are basket cases when it comes to the waiting. Half the time I'm panicked because it seems like surgry is sneaking up on me too soon. The other half of the time, I am impatiently waiting for the big day! If I may ask, what led you to the decision to have a Hyst? How many kids? Do you have a good support system at home?
I have posted many questions here and the ladies are always supportive and informative. Welcome to the club! LOL
Take care.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register