Exhausted...... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Exhausted...... Exhausted......

Unread 12-10-2001, 04:35 PM
Exhausted......

I'm so glad I only have ten more days. I have such little energy. I rested all weekend to see if I would have more energy at work today. I got to work at 5:00 am and was exhausted by 10:30 am. I know that fibroids drain you. But this is getting crazy. I'm glad this is my last week at work. I don't think I could take much more. Really need some words of encouragement here. Well anyway hope to hear from someone soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-10-2001, 05:25 PM
Exhaustion

Dream Catcher....
I also felt very tired prior to my surgery (TAH, April 9, 2001). Some of the problems we experience that lead us to hysterectomy also affect much of our body, like low iron (which could lead to anemia, which can make you tired/worn-out feeling).
Be sure to let your dr. know your energy level is low, and that he or she checks your bloodwork for any signs that you may be anemic or have something else going on.
You won't feel up to doing much in your early recovery, and you will probably get more rest than you think you can handle right now!
Prioritize what must be done before surgery and what can wait. Enlist help from family, friends or neighbors to do the things you just cannot muster up the energy to do. When you're healed and fully "rested", then you can perhaps return the favor for someone else.
Take care, and hang in there!! Keep us posted, and stay away from folks with sniffley noses and flu bugs as you approach your surgery date!
HysterHugs,
Margie in So. California
Unread 12-10-2001, 05:39 PM
Exhausted

I know how you feel, I suffered with mine for a least three years, and did know know why I was so exhausted all the time.

My previous Dr. never told me I had fibroids, I thought my heavy cycles were from my tubal 7yrs ago after the birth of my last child.

I found out by one dropping in to my vagina in Oct. , they removed that one and I found out I had more with the ultrasound.
They could not do my Hyst. because my blood count was so low.

That's when I changed Dr. to one who would tell me everything.

I am having SAH 12/11. Try to build you body up before the surg

I took Iron supplements twice a day and ate lean meat, and drank High Protein Boost they taste really good and they come in all kinds of flavors my fav is stawberry, chocolate, butter pecan(reg not high pro) but does have protein in it too.

I hope you feel better soon.

Jocelin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-10-2001, 07:13 PM
Exhausted......

Ya know, I'm so glad to read this one! I have been trying to figure out why I'm always tired for 3 years now. It's gotten worse and worse, and finally I have an answer. My pain, is mainly crampy cept once in a while hurts so much can't get out of bed, but I think the thing that's bothered me most the last few years has been the exhaustion all the time and everyone treating me like I'm just lazy. Our newest family doctor really has been a gem trying to figure out what is wrong with me. The others all thought it was just depression, but this one, he didn't think I was depressed, he's run tests, sent me to a sleep clinic, who knows what he'd have tried next, but I went to new gyno recommend by him for my annual, and whammy, we got our answers finally. The new gyno/dr is great too, he decided to do laproscopic surgery five minutes after he started checking me. I feel like when I heal up after this hysterectomy I'm going to finally have my life back! I've been such a slug for 3 years now. Never having much energy to do anything, always pushing myself to do things but not feeling like doing it. I get to feeling sometimes like I'm a bad mom cuz I'm so tired sometimes. I've gotten alot of grief from family/sister etc.. for not getting going in the morning, will be nice to not hear criticisms someday, to get out early in the morn like the rest of the neighbor's round here, rather than wake up get DD off to school, and sit here for 2 hours trying to wake up and get the energy to clean house and take shower.
Unread 12-10-2001, 07:37 PM
Exhausted......

Boy, do I remember that feeling! I used to call it "fibroid tired"!!

I endured that fatigue for years...I can really relate. If it's any help to you....I had my TAH/BSO in March, and I feel great...like I took off the last ten years. I have energy, I feel strong and healthy, and I DON'T BLEED anymore!!!

Just hang in there, and soon this will be a fast-fading bad memory for you. Be gentle with yourself, go slow and easy, and remember that each day is a bit better, until suddenly you realize how very GOOD you feel!! It's a miracle to get your life back.

Sending you big hugs.....get those nasty monsters outta there!!

Karen
Unread 12-11-2001, 07:32 AM
Exhausted......

I fell like my tiredness has gotten worse in the last couple of months. I don't know if it's mental, since I know I'm probably going to be having a hyst (go to the dr next week to go over latest test results), or if I'm really this tired. When I was last at dr (week before Thanksgiving) I had a blood test and my count was down so I'm taking mega iron pills. They don't seem to have helped yet. I had been blaming being tired on taking care of my grandson - he's 7 months old now, and I'm a lot older than I was when my kids were babies - but now I'm thinking it was a combination of everything.
Unread 12-11-2001, 02:10 PM
Exhausted......

Hi Everybody,
Just got home from the job. Another tiring tiring day. I used to think I was tired because I worked so many hours. But one of the things I realized was it takes me so long at work because I' m so tired. My day never seems to end. And when someone calls out I seem to be the only one to cover. I guess thats the pits of being on salary. They really get to use you.
I have a question to ask if its O.K. in the past few months I've been having pain (sorta like an ache) inside where my cervix is located. But it usually happens after my cycle, not before. Can anyone help me figure this one out?
I know that I have fibroids but I don't know of anything else being wrong up there. Pap smear in September was perfectly normal. When someone is tested for anemia doesn't it require them to draw blood? Or can they really tell by that finger pricking thing the nurse does?
Well I hope someone out there can help me.
God Bless
(Sue) Dream Catcher

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register