Easy to get sick? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Easy to get sick? Easy to get sick?

Unread 02-26-2003, 11:19 AM
Easy to get sick?

OK ladies, I have a question: have any of you been noticing you're particularly susceptible to getting sick since you've had fibroid troubles? In the past year or so, I think I've had 5 sinus and/or ear infections and/or bronchitis. I eat right, work out and even use a prescription nasal spray to keep the nasal passages clear. And I use Allegra during allergy season. This is something brand new for me . . .

Oh, and I had a killer bladder infection last summer, too, plus folliculitis on my legs. Is this crazy or what? Yet my blood tests come back showing me very healthy.

Huh???? :confuse:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-26-2003, 11:34 AM
Hi Linda,

The only connection I could see between fibroids and getting sick is perhaps if you're anemic, as so many of us are, your immune system may not be as able to fight off infection.

As for me, I really didn't notice being more succeptible to illnesses. But then I also take multi-vitamins each day and get a flu shot every year. Also, being a former nurse, I have a tendancy to wash my hands till they're almost raw in cold and flu season.

s,

Lisa
Unread 02-26-2003, 12:01 PM
Easy to get sick?

I didn't notice an increase in illnesses either.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-26-2003, 12:31 PM
Icky sicky

Well, in retrospect, 2002 was an extremely, very bad, terrible, awful year. My mother's house was condemned and she lived w/us for two months. That was a very difficult situation and she was uncooperative to the max with our attempts to help her resolve the situation. She ended up moving out and is still not speaking to us. In May, I lost my job. In August, DH became desperately ill due to a reaction to a medication he was taking for rheumatoid arthritis.

Stress does deplete the immune system. Anyone think I've been under stress??
Unread 02-26-2003, 12:43 PM
food allergies

Hi, I suggest investigating on the Net about possible Food Allergies and Candida Albican/Yeast Infections.
I'm not a medical practitioner of any kind but I do have food allergies, especially to wheat products. When I eat certain foods that contain gluten or whole wheat, bran, oatmeal etc. I get symptoms that involve and irritate my digestive system, the mucus membranes of my sinuses intestinal track and also my bladder.
Several years ago I eliminated all foods that were shown I was sensitive to. I lost 30 pounds and never felt healthier. I slowly brought back into my diet things and found what I could and could not tolerate or how much of something it took before I started to show symptoms. It may be worth looking into and possibly finding a good doctor that specializes in food allergens and sensitivities. In this day and age it is becoming more common.
I wish you good look and hope you are feeling better very soon.
Trish

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register