watched a LAVH video | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

watched a LAVH video watched a LAVH video

Unread 11-10-2005, 04:13 AM
watched a LAVH video

I'm very inquizative about whats being done to me! I want to know every single thing its almost as if I need a diagram lol which is what I got I watched a video of a LAVH it lasted about 43 minutes but they surgery itself lasted about 2 hrs and 15 minutes I am set up for a LAVH but may have to have a TAH (wont be watching that video after seeing this one) of course there was alot of technical jargon I didn't understand but it was for this lady who had cancer of the uterus I have to tell you these surgergeons have alot of "patients" it takes alot of time and wow I could never in my life imagine having to do somethig like that I have a whole new respect for this whole ordeal and the brilliant surgeons that do this everyday!!! it was funny tho because after the surgery was completed they showed one doctor turned on some music and they were dancing it made me laugh I just wanted to share with you after watching this video as squmish as you might think you are it actually made me feel more at ease sort of more knowledge less fear of not knowing whats happening good luck ladies lots of xoxoxoxox
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-10-2005, 05:35 AM
watched a LAVH video

where did you find the video?
Unread 11-10-2005, 06:12 AM
watched a LAVH video

I searched in yahoo serach for free hysterecomy video
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-10-2005, 07:49 AM
watched a LAVH video

I watched a TAH video of a women who had fibroids. It was informative but I have to say what bothered me the most was the incision. Seeing her stomach sliced open was a little unnerving. I wasn't bothered at all by the site of the uterus/fibroids. But the incision really bothered me. I'm don't reqgret watching it though as I like having an idea of what's going to happen once I'm on the table.
Unread 11-10-2005, 02:13 PM
watched a LAVH video

Hi . I've been trying to get a copy of the LAVH video that you all mentioned but I can't seem to find it at all. If anyone gave help me locate this video I would so appreciate it. I'm scheduled for a LAVH on 11-28-05 and it would be good if i could see how it is actually done.

Thanks
Unread 11-10-2005, 03:32 PM
Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, Aortic & Pelvic Lymph Node Dissection

Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, Aortic & Pelvic Lymph Node Dissection

I found a site with a video, but I'm not sure if it's the video everyone was referring too. Here's the link. Thanks.
Unread 11-10-2005, 05:06 PM
watched a LAVH video

nrr599 please email me and I will send you the file that i have for it i had to dl it and you need to have real player to watch it so if you have it I can send you the file
Unread 11-10-2005, 05:32 PM
I Watched it too!

(((Systers)))

If you put the name of the surgery, into your search engine - "those in the UK England" you too will also, be able, to watch a Gynae. taking out the uterus. He says what he is doing and everything is so clear. I want you to know, i posted a thread about this a few weeks ago.

If you are already afraid or squeamish - it is NOT always, a good thing to do. can cause more anxiety. NOT all of us, are the same, or the world would be boring The Gynae. warns what would happen if he were to take a wrong cut

This surgery, can be watched, on the internet. The Surgeon also mentions, what could go wrong....Please only watch it, if you are also, the kind of person who would benefit from knowing all of the "ins and outs" of surgery. I was so ready, for my Hysterectomy & since my surgery, has been put back, because of bad health - I will possibly NOT now, be able, to be awake when the time come, for my hysterectomy.The main reason is because, I have also watched this Hysterectomy and would be concerned, that the Gynae. Onc. is doing everything right. There are other worries, already "in my humble opinion" with regards, to having a Hysterectomy. As I watched the procedure - clearly with subtitles - surgery was done, less evasive and more quicker - than I could have thought. As I read, of each systers experience - so many, do not have the same experience that I would have expected after this type of surgery.Post Op- great - Pre Op Please, be careful

Be Inquisitive - but please do not watch if you will worry and cause yourself un needed stress. I am squeamish and having watched a full Hysterectomy wih "hands covering, part of my face" I realise why the surgeons over here - really like their patients to have a General Anaesthetic. There are so many different ways of watching this procedure - If you really want to. ((HUG)) donna42
Unread 11-10-2005, 06:06 PM
watched a LAVH video

Yes I totaly agree with donna42 as i said tho i'm one of those that had to see it and even tho I am a little squeamish it did help me and give me a little more peace all of us are differnt as donna42 said tho so please please take her advice and really only watch these videos if you think you are ready and are sure this is what you want to do

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register