This site is a God Send! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

This site is a God Send! This site is a God Send!

Unread 01-14-2002, 11:01 PM
This site is a God Send!

I am having a hysterectomy on 1/16/02 for severe endometriosis and have a history of dysplasia. I am 29 years old. I have one child who is 5. This surgery is very medically necessary and that's the only reason I am doing this. My Dr. and I made the decision on Dec. 19th, 2001 to do a full hysterectomy. The holidays kept me very busy and preoccupied. I have made the comment to my husband many times that "I can't believe I haven't been just cramming my brain full of hysterectomy stories off of the internet." When I was diagnosed with endometriosis 4 years ago I soaked up any info I could get. It is now 35 hours until my surgery and I just logged on about 3 hours ago and started reading. I guess I really didn't want to face it. I don't have a choice now. This site is very informative and just what I needed tonight. It is 1:05 a.m. and I am wide awake. I even have Vicodin and 2 benadryls in me! I am just overwhelmed with all that needs to be done before my surgery. I have a child in Kindergarten that still needs me very much so. That alone is stressing me out, not including all of the "year end" stuff that has to be done at work before I leave! Oh my Lord, I only have one more day of work left to get all of that done. Well, I am rambling now and feel like I'm about to burst. I have a lot of questions and concerns but thanks to this site a lot of them have already been answered. It sure is nice to know that I am not alone in this! Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-14-2002, 11:42 PM
This site is a God Send!

Welcome, Mexchica. Yes, isn't this site wonderful! I've learned so much, and you will too. You can even do a search for a specific word, by the little purple search bar at the top right. And, if you can't find something you're concerned about, ask here, and others will share what they know, and give their support.

You know this surgery is necessary for you, and after you recover you will be so much more able to care for your kindergartener. If you don't get everything done before, the world won't totally fall apart (&, of course, may even wait for you unless hubby or others fill in). Remember, this site and all the "sisters" will be here for questions and support upon your return home.

I wish you the best results possible.
Unread 01-15-2002, 12:25 AM
Judy

hugs and hi there! Mate I know just how you felt, you sound like I was feeling 17 weeks ago. I had a LAVH/RSO and bladder repair for severe and deep endeo amongst other things. Endeo is a real pain of a thing to have eh mate. It just keeps coming back at ya till a hyst is done eh? I am glad to say that i feel great now, the only thing I have trouble with is a lack of energy at times but all in all feel better than I have in years. Unlike you I have older kids, my oldest being nearly 22 and the youngest 11 years. Believe me you will be feeling SOOOOOO much better than ever after this is done and you have recoverd. Please make sure that you rest alot and take your time recovering. Doing too much too soon can set you back and there have been a few here who have learnt the hard way.
Please know that we are there for you hun and that it will all go ok, you will honestly do well and we will be here ready to welcome you to the other side.
You Go Girl and be well. Hugs Vicki
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-15-2002, 02:13 AM
It will be ok, honestly.

Welcome to hystersisters! Realx and take a deep breath, it will all be ok. You still have a day to read, read and read some more on pull down menu's As for the house work please do not stress over it, I think even if we had a year to prepare and organize pre op somethings still would not get done and that is ok. As for your 5 year old he/she is at the age when helping you out post op will be fun for him/her. Life post op even in early recovery , I am 25 days post op tah/bso, is wonderful! Many of us endured much pain pre op and therefore post op is a breeze in comparision. If you get chance today pop in to chat for a while the ladies there are great and may be able to answer any last minute questions u have. Soon you will be a newly crowned Rest, rest, drink,drink,drink and some also. Keep us posted on how u are doing.
Unread 01-15-2002, 03:04 AM
This site is a God Send!

JudyC.
I'm so glad that you have received the support that you have been looking for right here in the Land of Hyster.
Try and accomplish what you can prior to surgery. What doesn't get done before surgery will just have to wait Allow the 5 year old to be Mommy's little helper with the simple liitle things. You will do just fine and we are here with you.
Unread 01-15-2002, 04:54 AM
Right there with you

I so understand what you are saying. I still have awhile to go for my sugery (in March) but and I have been reading as many posts here as possible. My biggest concern right now (maybe this will change as I get closer to surgery) is my family. I am married and have five children, 15, 13, 4 and twins that are 2. My husband is a wonderful daddy but works two jobs for a total of 75 hours a week. We are definitely going to be struggling through this. Best of luck to you. I look forward to hearing your story and the support it will give to those like me that are still waiting!
Unread 01-15-2002, 07:05 AM
This site is a God Send!

Judy,

Isn't this a terrific site? I have used it as my "bible" before, and after my TAH.

Like many ladies have said before, "The waiting IS the hardest part!" Honestly, the "unknown" is very scary, most people don't know what to expect with a hysterectomy.

Wishing you an uneventful surgery and a speedy recovery!
Unread 01-15-2002, 08:53 AM
I love this site

Hello, I am getting very nervous right now since my surgery is Friday 1-18-02. I cannot think of anything else but this surgery and how much I love my son and husband. I need them as much as they need me. I pray that you everything goes well for you and your family. We (hystersisters) will be looking for your recovery post.
good luck
janifer
Unread 01-15-2002, 12:35 PM
This site is a God Send!

Good luck and prayers to you both, and your families.

Sherrie
Unread 01-15-2002, 04:02 PM
Thanks

Thanks to all who have posted their comments, well wishes and encouragement. I sure needed it. I am down to 18 hours pre-op and am still nervous but somehow not so much so. Knowing there are so many of you out there that are experiencing or have experienced this sure is a big comfort. I'll be sure and post how I'm doing post-op...if I don't die first from lack of food. My doctor told me today that my lunch was to be my "big meal" and that I was to be on a clear liquid diet until the DAY AFTER my surgery! That's 2 days away! I'm sure the suffering without real food is mainly more in my head but just the thought makes me weak. Ha! Thank you again to all of the hystersisters who have been there for me so far. I hope to return the favor soon.

Judy C.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register