Yet another pre-op prolapse question! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Yet another pre-op prolapse question! Yet another pre-op prolapse question!

Unread 04-28-2001, 08:21 AM
Yet another pre-op prolapse question!

I have prolapse and suspected endo. My big visit to the castle is June 4th! I need some help with this prolapse thing, if you could!
My cervix is hanging low, about 1/2" now from opening. I get really bad cramping in my right side pelvic area. Feels like every muscle in there is screaming!
Like pulling and sharp at times. If I lay on my back, it goes away, if I stand, sit or lay on my right side-it's back with a vegence!
All I can figure ut is that for some reason, the right set of muscles are being pulled. Does this sound logical?
Kind of silly question I know, but this pain is getting so bad, I can't function anymore~
Would a girdle help or something that holds that set of muscles up? Fess up please,,,I need to not worry over this so much.
Thanks Ladies!
Peanut
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-28-2001, 08:47 AM
Hey girl

Hi Peanut Brat.
I can't answer a single question that you asked but I have missed you and had to write. Try not to sneeze I have been very busy with tests, opinions, insurance and hubby detail. It amazes me how much a man can schedule right before a surgery. I will boogie off of this thread so that you can get some answers to your question. I just wanted to let you know that I missed you.
I may not be able to give you any advice but I can give you a big ((((((((((((((HUG))))))))))))))))))) and a . Good luck finding the answer to this problem. I found that many of my questions are answered just by going to the search engine and typing in a single word. You may want to type in cervical prolapse and support. It is always worth a try.
Butterfly kisses,
Brenda
Unread 04-28-2001, 08:53 AM
Hi Bren!!

Thanks Hugs and love to you too! Trying not to cough too! Seem to have come down with something! It is horrible. Pee all over if I don't wear soemthing to catch it!
Dr says-Oh prolapse isn't that bad-yeh like to see him live this way! HAHAHAHA
That's only cause he did the exam lying down-wait till the 29th when my pre-op is-he is going to check it standing up if I have to "gently coax" him to!
Hope you are doing better Bren! I'll try the search thing. Butterfly kisses back atcha!
Pee-nut!!!!HAHaha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-28-2001, 09:25 AM
Prolapse question

Peanut,

I have uterus, bladder, vaginal wall and rectum prolapse. My surgery isn't scheduled until June 5. My prolapse is just to the opening of my vagina, so not near as bad as yours. I do have a lot of discomfort and had what I thought was gas pain. My doctor fitted me with a pessary. A donut shaped device that fits inside the vagina to help hold things up. My dr is good, it only took one try to get the right size...I understand some women it takes several tries. But let me tell you, as much as I didn't want one of these things, it's the best thing I did. I don't think I could have stood the discomfort for 8 more weeks. My lower back has quit hurting and I'm no longer constipated, don't have what I thought was gas pains. I think everything being out of place makes you feel worse than you realize. I thought I just had to live with feeling bad all the time.

You may want to ask the doctor if a pessary might help you with your discomfort. You keep it in all times except for sex and you take it out once a week to clean it. No big deal, but not something I want the rest of my life. I opted for surgery.

Hope this helps.

BarbH
Unread 04-28-2001, 09:37 AM

Yeh for Barb!!! Glad you feel better! I will call and ask him this morning to be fitted for one! Can't take this anymore!
Heard about them, but didn't want to go through the hassle. Now I think any hassle is better than the pain!
God Bless--hey-your surgery is the day after mine!
Maybe I can get my son to come one here while I'm in the hospital and tell you what is going on! Hopefully.....everything will be fine!
Jittery!!!!!!!!!
Peanut
Unread 04-28-2001, 09:08 PM
prolapse question

Peanut,

Let me know what your dr. said. I did have one dr. tell me I was too young for one of those nasty things. Yep, those were her words. I don't think anyone is too young if it brings you comfort.

Good luck!!!

BarbH
Unread 04-28-2001, 10:08 PM

Hey Barb,
Gee- I researched them on the net...(pessaries not drs although tempted!) there are so many!~
How do you know which one is right for you?!Saw one with a pump-looks really uncomfortable! Saw a "doughnut", looks way too big! Wow-What decisions! Does the dr decide or do I?
And, I believe you about your dr! My first three drs said"You are too young to have prolapse. I am not even going to check for it!"
So they wouldn't check me sitting or standing which is the only time it drops to where it is visable! I tell you what~ If the drs could feel it just once inside them and how much it can hurt---they'd do something!
My problem is I get so nervous at the dr that I can't express myself well! And then I wind up feeling like it is part my fault that nothing got done!
Pray for me so I can stay calm and collected at this next visit please....
Thanks for the info and I will let you know! Let me know too about you!!!
Hugs!!! Peanut
Unread 04-28-2001, 10:38 PM
Pessary

Hey Peanut!

I also researched them on the web. (My doc too!) My doctor had his nurse bring in this tray of different shapes and sizes. He looked at them and said lets try this one in a size 3. HE makes the decision. He slipped it in and it was perfect. He took it out, showed it to me and explained how to put it in and take it out. Real easy.

Mine looks like a filled in rubber donut with two holes in it. (the holes are big enough for me to put my fingers in - there might be two real smalls ones also, can't remember.) It reminds me of a trampoline with a couple of holes in it. Don't know how to explain it.

The nurse called me a couple of days later to see if I was still leaking with it and I told her I haven't felt this good in years!!! And the constant drip had stopped.

Good luck! Will keep you informed.

Hugs back at ya!

BarbH
Unread 04-28-2001, 10:48 PM
pessary

Peanut!

Diaphram that's what mine is like. Couldn't think of that word before.

BarbH
Unread 04-29-2001, 08:30 PM

Here is a good website for prolapse & pessaries & living with the symptoms:

http://pages.prodigy.com/prolapse.html/

Sending cyberhugs

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register