Is it strange that I'm looking forward to this | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Is it strange that I'm looking forward to this Is it strange that I'm looking forward to this

Unread 02-14-2010, 01:32 PM
Is it strange that I'm looking forward to this

Is it strange that I am really really looking forward to my surgery?I am 48 and so tired of all the bleeding.Been having irregular and heavy periods for 3 yrs now. When I was younger I was looking forward to menopause also. Just seems strange to me. I know that there will be pain and discomfort, but the end results is what I am looking forward to.Hoping insurance wont make me go thru ablation first. I want to be certain that I wont have to go back in a few yrs for the hysterectomy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-14-2010, 01:36 PM
Re: Is it strange that I'm looking forward to this

Not strange to me. I was just like you. When I found out I needed the procedure, I wanted it done within the week. That didn't happen, but I am thrilled to have had it done!! Good luck to you, and my prayers will be with you.
Unread 02-14-2010, 01:38 PM

Thank You! I also wanted it done right then and there. Gotta wait my turn though. Oh well, guess that gives us time to prepare the family.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-14-2010, 02:40 PM

I am so looking forward to mine too.... weeks ago. LOL I just mean that my surgery is in about a week and now I am getting all nervous and emotional. I still want the surgery and all I am just wanting it to be over tomorrow. I have been wanting a hyster for years now and finally found a doc that said it was the only way to feel better. Waiting is the hardest part.
Unread 02-14-2010, 02:46 PM

I looked so forward to mine. I would have such heavy periods and bad cramps, I just wanted it to all go away, and now that it has, I couldn't be happier. I think that we all get to the stage where we are done with all the mess and pain. I know I was. Good luck.
Unread 02-14-2010, 02:50 PM

Not strange at all. Unlike many here, I wasn't dealing with a lot of issues but my periods were a bit heavy and crampy and the fibroids were taking over. Once I made the decision to have the TAH, I didn't want to wait at all. As it turned out, I only had to wait 3 weeks. It was the right decision for me, and the whole thing honestly was way easier than I ever dreamed it would be. Good luck to you!
Unread 02-14-2010, 04:37 PM

Not strange to me either!! I'm in the same boat. I am turning 30 next month, and so looking forward to this Thurs!! I have been in debilitating pain, and very heavy periods all of my reproductive life. After a year of trying the alternatives to hyst, I am finally going to feel better! I was on straight BC for 6 months, and Lupron for 5 months. Nothing was working, so my Dr said it was time. Whooo Whooo!!! Good luck to you! I am to the point that I am getting very excited, almost wound up! I feel like a kid on candy!

Good luck!!
T
Unread 02-14-2010, 04:53 PM

I am 48 too. I was never able to have children.

I didn't recognize my symptoms though. I thought all the bleeding, irregularity and pain meant I was going into menopause.
By Oct. my husband didn't 'appreciate' the 'lack of intimate connection' and me having my period so much. (my fibroid was growing quickly-ended up at 20cm at the TAH)
After 16 years together, he left me for another woman, and never looked back.
Since he cheated, I went to the gyne for STD tests. She merely felt my tummy and said, Lord, that's your uterus, by your belly button.
So, yes, I guess I am looking forward to no more pain and bleeding, after I heal.
And no, I'm not looking forward to not having a SO.

Best of Luck, it will be a relief.
Unread 02-14-2010, 05:55 PM

I'm in the same boat as you. My surgery is March 19th and I wish it was sooner. When I tell some people I'm having a hyster, they are apologetic, but I tell them I'm happy because I'll feel better. Good luck to you with your surgery!!
Unread 02-14-2010, 06:06 PM

I'm so nervous about complications that I am anxious to get my TAH/BSO (due to focal complex hyperplasia with atypia) over with so I can see if I make it through without complications or not. Unfortunately I have to wait until April because I need to have a heart defibrillator put in first or nobody is happy, not the GYN hospital and certainly not my cardio team... so I guess that includes me as I'm part of that team too.

June can not come soon enough when all this is behind me!! I'm 51 and I think it's a shame I have to have it all out like this when I was THIS CLOSE (Get Smart finger pinch) to having it all stopping functioning anyway. Well it never did function in the traditional sense, so really I had it all these years just for the down sides and now that it's nearly over they go "OH let's just get that all out of there" and I'm left feeling like I put up with the down side all these years for nothing. Oh well - at least it will be over... REALLY over soon enough... then maybe I can look forward instead of backwards!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register