Adenomyosis diagnosis and symptoms | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Adenomyosis diagnosis and symptoms Adenomyosis diagnosis and symptoms

Unread 09-19-2013, 03:49 PM
Adenomyosis diagnosis and symptoms

I was recently diagnosed with adeno. Do you typically have a bloated stomach as a result? As my symptoms have gotten worse, my stomach is protruding, just in one area. My gyno said there shouldn't be a correlation. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-19-2013, 08:44 PM
Re: Adenomyosis diagnosis and symptoms

I can't tell you for sure, because I am just as much in the dark, but my belly gets more bloated and tender every cycle. My doctor says it does seem to be uterine in nature for me at least when it gets more swollen. Good luck!
Unread 09-20-2013, 08:51 AM

Hey,me too had the same thing,I guess it is associated with the uterus
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-20-2013, 09:00 AM

I also had it. Definitely was associated with my uterus. Came home from the hospital with a smaller belly than when I went in earlier in the day!
Unread 09-20-2013, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy2013 View Post
I also had it. Definitely was associated with my uterus. Came home from the hospital with a smaller belly than when I went in earlier in the day!
Tracy - that is great tohear! Was the reason you had a hyst. because of the adeno? My doctor told me there is no other cure, but she is reluctant to do the surgery b/c I am 40.

Also, how has your recovery been?

Thanks!
Unread 09-20-2013, 12:30 PM
Adenomyosis diagnosis and symptoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Depot View Post
Tracy - that is great tohear! Was the reason you had a hyst. because of the adeno? My doctor told me there is no other cure, but she is reluctant to do the surgery b/c I am 40.

Also, how has your recovery been?

Thanks!
Yes, I had constant pain this past year. Did not know I had it until I started having abnormal bleeding again and may. Was sent for u/s and it showed diffuse adenomyosis. I'm doing ok. Better everyday. Some pain still but not too bad. I listen to my body and go rest. I am two weeks out today from two incision tlhbso. I have three more weeks off work. I'm a nurse working in an ER.
Unread 09-20-2013, 06:08 PM

Hello Ladies! I am new to the forum. I have recently been diagnosed with adeno as well. I have had sonograms and SIS and crazy bleeding and clotting. Until recently it only lasted during my cycle until July. Non-top bleeding until the mid of August. Then I began having the bloating and constant cramping. So, not sure if it's related, but doesn't seem like it could be anything else.

I hope that helps some...

Hang in there!
Unread 09-20-2013, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whataboutwork View Post
Hello Ladies! I am new to the forum. I have recently been diagnosed with adeno as well. I have had sonograms and SIS and crazy bleeding and clotting. Until recently it only lasted during my cycle until July. Non-top bleeding until the mid of August. Then I began having the bloating and constant cramping. So, not sure if it's related, but doesn't seem like it could be anything else.

I hope that helps some...

Hang in there!
Thanks! Had you tried any other solutions before moving to hysterectomy (IUD, ablation etc)?

It looks like your procedure is coming up soon! Wishing you good luck and an easy recovery!
Unread 09-21-2013, 02:32 PM

I was offered a choice between a hysterectomy and ablation. With an enlarged uterus and a "thick" lining found on the SIS and sonogram, I went with the 100% success choice. I am 43 in November and not planning to have any more children, so the choice was relatively an easy one for me. I hope in the weeks to come , I don't regret the choice.
Unread 09-21-2013, 07:04 PM

I wasn't really given any treatment choices, although I could have asked.... the radiologist that did my ultrasound told me that I needed a hysto. So I went home and called the surgeon and made appt. By the time I saw my gyn for the results, I already had appt with surgeon and had planned on the time off from work. I thought it was a waste of both our times for me to go to her office for the official results.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register