Davinci hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Davinci hysterectomy Davinci hysterectomy

Unread 09-24-2014, 05:14 PM
Davinci hysterectomy

I have scheduled to have a full hysterectomy on Oct 8th using the DaVinci robot. Anyone that has done it this way have any advice or stories on how they felt afterward? I'm having it done due to cysts, pain and heavy periods. I am 38 and have only had one other surgery and that was emergency for an ectopic pregnancy five years ago. I just want some input on it. My dr has done a ton of them and says that the healing time is so much faster and it is less ivasive than abdominal surgery. I have a bikini cut from my ectopic surgery. I just want these next two weeks to go by fast so i can get it done and over with i have been dealing with this pain for over a year!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-24-2014, 05:23 PM
Re: Davinci hysterectomy

i just had da vinci on aug 26th..the insisions still hurt and i had alot of pain the first week home..
heat was my best friend it helps sooooooo much..and get a small pillow for your belly it helps with coughing n sneazing n getting up.. its all getting better now im just extremely tired all the time but doc says it will subside..best advice is heat,pillows,and lots of rest..
Unread 09-24-2014, 05:29 PM

I am 21 days post op from the Davinci. I have 4 minimal incisions that are healing nicely. I had to stay overnight just for observation and its so nice not to have the heavy flow. My advice is for gas try to refrain from gassy foods 3 days prior to the surgery( I did this and didn't have a lot of gas pains). When you are released to go home, make sure you do walk and drink plenty of water that will help get stuff moving. Very thankful for my DH for taking good care of me when I came home. Listen to your Dr's instructions, get lots of rest, don't turn down help and try to move to Aleve or Tylenol for pain that will help with the constipation from the pain meds.
Hope this helps. If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask. I stumbled on this website the day I was released and it has been such a blessing and helped a lot with some fears I have had.I just wished I had found it sooner!! Good Luck with your surgery and see you on the other side.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-24-2014, 08:41 PM

Thanks for the advice. I don't eat alot of gassy foods period but I will try and stay away from them lol. I heard gas x and stool softeners are your best friend after surgery. I will have to stay overnight in the hospital and my hubby will be home with me the day i get released. I have three teenage girls that will also be around to do cleaning and some cooking. I am worried about it there is no doubt but I know I will get through it. The hardest thing for me will be no exercising, I do zumba five days a week and weight training 3 days a week and I won't be able to do that. I have already planned on camping out in my bedroom the first week with all I need within arms reach, my laptop, tv remote, phone and water. That way I don't have to get up too much. I am hoping it will go as good as the surgery I had for my ectopic pregnancy, I had staples in my stomach then but still didn't have a lot of pain. Wasn"t even on pain killers just ibuprofen.
Unread 09-25-2014, 04:13 AM

I'm two months post op from the DVH. I had five incisions because my uterus was so big and they had to go higher on my tummy for the top incision because it was so big. I had my surgery on a Tuesday and I was starting to feel better by the end of the weekend. I didn't believe my doctor when she said this but it's true. It was about the 1 1/2 week point that I really felt better and was able to stand without the help of the pillow and I was finally able to get comfortable in bed and walk straight up without hunching over. I did get a UTI following the surgery and the top incision did get infected (they had to reopen it to clean it out) but everything is healed now. I started back to the gym earlier this month and I'm going to try zumba Saturday morning. I went back to work the last week of August. First day was hard but its getting better.

By my second week check up I was filling really good. After everyone left I just took time for myself and laid by the pool and read books and just relaxed. I even volunteered for about an hour with the cat shelter I volunteer for at the 2 1/2 week mark and I was a bit tired afterwards but it felt good to do something.

Carrying a pillow around with you it really helps for the first week. Stool softener will be your friend. And take lots of walks. Also, my doctor didn't give me many restrictions, actually none at all. I just listened to my body and took things easy. I just eased into everything. By week two I was bending slowly but I was bending. I knelled down onto my knees to clean the liter box. Little by little things will get easier. Just take it slow and listen to your body you will know if you over do it.

Good luck and I hope you have a speedy recovery!!
Unread 09-25-2014, 04:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassy0876 View Post
I have scheduled to have a full hysterectomy on Oct 8th using the DaVinci robot. Anyone that has done it this way have any advice or stories on how they felt afterward?

((sassy0876))

You'll find hundreds of daVinci® hysterectomy stories in Our Hysterectomy Stories forum. Hope they help, too.

Best wishes for your surgery and recovery!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register