ovarian cyst | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 01-13-2004, 06:02 PM
ovarian cyst

Hi there, I am eleven mths post hsyt. Three weeks ago we discovered a 5x9cm cyst on my left ovary, my doctor wants me to take a depo shot and see if it shrinks I am not so sure that I want to go through all that again... Been there done depo for endo/ that is why had hyst... at 29 yrs old. Anyway just wondering if anyone could help. I am feeling very alone.
Love Ya Dabearzzz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-13-2004, 08:49 PM
ovarian cyst

I have occasionaly had cysts on my ovaries - so far they have alwyas gone awayon their own.

I gues because of the size of the cyst your doctor wants to see if the Depo will shrink it. You might want to consider getting another doctor's opinion. Keep us posted on how you are doing.

s
Unread 01-13-2004, 09:21 PM
ovarian cyst

When I started to develop ovarian cysts a couple of years ago, my doctor put me on BC pills. The low-dose pills didn't shrink the cysts, so he upped the dosage. I stayed on it for awhile and the cysts disappeared. Then I switched to Depo-Provera because the pills were giving me headaches and nausea. I had two Depo shots, (one in June and one in September). I suspected it wasn't working too well because I bled daily the entire time I was on Depo. Anyway, when I had my hyster for fibroids in December, lo and behold, both ovaries had several small cysts again. He took the ovaries as we had previously agreed, (he was fairly sure I'd keep developing cysts if I kept the ovaries).

I guess what I'm saying is that Depo didn't really help my ovaries as much as BC pills and the Ortho-Evra patch, (which I tried briefly). Has your doctor discussed different options with you? I know you mentioned you'd been on Depo before and didn't desire to go that route.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-13-2004, 10:23 PM
ovarian cyst

Hi,

Ask your doctor about vitiman therapy? I think I have had fairly good luck with it. It would be worth a try.

Marcy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register